Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Ohio State

Not much to say except we nearly got an unnecessary 3rd goal late in the game twice on the same sequence. First Thomas took a swing on a break away that was deflected by their goalie back to Gutman who ran down the left side of the box and crossed it to Hyacenth in front of net where his tap in was cleared off the line by a defender. Otherwise another easy victory against a fairly solid team. 

Now lets look bigger picture. If we win one of our last two Big Ten games it will be our most in conference since 04 (although they have added 2 more games recently with Maryland and Rutgers). Next win will pass last year's win total also. The other question is do we want the pressure of trying to be first IU team in history to go undefeated (we have had a couple 1 loss seasons but never unblemished)? The last IU team to do that in 97 lost in college cup semi's to UCLA in OT.  

This brings us to Butler which is the least important game of the year left. I will be there living in Indy and hope to see a good Hoosier crowd. This is also a pretty good Butler team and a loss or especially a draw will not hurt us much. I know this Butler team well and their coach Paul Snape a little bit personally. If there is ever a game that breaks our shutout streak this will be it. Butler has a mediocre to average D but a really good offense and a style that can produce goals. A few times a game they will throw balls over the top and try to run their speedy forwards 1 on 1 versus a defender before rest of team is back (basically the same play we produced a goal with for Toye today but they try it several times a game) so we will have to be especially careful. This strategy has produced a couple goals against us the last few years. They no longer have David Goldsmith who plays on Indy 11 now to do it who was especially good at it but they do have a couple new guys who are very solid running that strategy (it worked a couple times versus Frisco in Bloomington when I saw them). Should be a fun game in Indy Wednesday and weather looks like it could not be nicer. I expect around 4-5,000 fans based on last few years with close to half IU fans which should produce a great tournament style atmosphere and fun game.