Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

Tonight is a big recruiting W3/W12 reveal for Athens. We've had a really good start to L31 over the past 5 seasons (season one kicked it all off with a miracle conference tournament championship despite a sub .500 regular season), but last year's recruiting misses really crushed us. I think we should have some small ties and CLs that will net us a top 50 class, but we'll see...

image.thumb.png.e912f13e870bf25bea3c0ec4f92cb65c.png

Woof L31 recruiting. Hoped to have two CLs end up with one and a 1/1 tie which wasn’t bad. In a 4/4, 5/5, and 8/8 but the preferences really match up well with Athens for the two big men Darnell and Wyre as we don’t return anyone over 6’5” and they want to have an impact.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

11 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Woof L31 recruiting. Hoped to have two CLs end up with one and a 1/1 tie which wasn’t bad. In a 4/4, 5/5, and 8/8 but the preferences really match up well with Athens for the two big men Darnell and Wyre as we don’t return anyone over 6’5” and they want to have an impact.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

I’m on both of them as well as Porter and feel equally good. I was distraught at Wyre being a 4 team tie as an unranked recruit. I thought he was coming in CL.  Only 3 of my 15 recruits weren’t maxed by someone and only 1 of them has only 15/16 RPs.  Near impossible to find safety nets in L31, especially as a small program.

I’m on both of them as well as Porter and feel equally good. I was distraught at Wyre being a 4 team tie as an unranked recruit. I thought he was coming in CL.  Only 3 of my 15 recruits weren’t maxed by someone and only 1 of them has only 15/16 RPs.  Near impossible to find safety nets in L31, especially as a small program.

I can’t aim low enough for my nets. I have one which is my CL but still. The rest like you said are mostly out of reach already.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 7/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My teams seem to drop 2-3 games a season that I can’t figure out. I’m like the Indiana Hoosiers and like to give kids career offensive games.

Closer than I expected. Nice win man.

My freshman PG shocked me with his scoring. I had his shooting down because I wanted him to be a pass first PG

Closer than I expected. Nice win man.

My freshman PG shocked me with his scoring. I had his shooting down because I wanted him to be a pass first PG

I love this team, but we play some close, tight, nerve racking games. Friday is another tough one.

Good game, great scorers on your team.

Athens dropped two straight to some of the better teams in my conference in L31. Disappointing as the team was on a roll. SOS is #16 and we're ranked #21 now, but things are a bit nerve wracking as well. Connor Marshall really didn't play well these past few games.

L34 I like the max selections I made for Green Bay. Hoping to get some missing pieces for a team that should make a solid improvement next year.

L37 the 69ers are 2-0 in the DTT. Woo. Hoping to land our recruiting targets.

My defending champs Clemson Cavemen in L37 lost today in round2 (to a team that’s not very good) We Won’t defend this year but I expected it as we underperformed almost all year. We had a better team this year on paper. But something didn’t jive.

I really like the pieces, so we will challenge in year 3 for a championship I’m pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Athens dropped two straight to some of the better teams in my conference in L31. Disappointing as the team was on a roll. SOS is #16 and we're ranked #21 now, but things are a bit nerve wracking as well. Connor Marshall really didn't play well these past few games.
L34 I like the max selections I made for Green Bay. Hoping to get some missing pieces for a team that should make a solid improvement next year.
L37 the 69ers are 2-0 in the DTT. Woo. Hoping to land our recruiting targets.

That Athens team is still legit. You will be contending come NTT time. New Orleans is winning but not by big margins. 9-2. My hopes aren’t too high.

That Athens team is still legit. You will be contending come NTT time. New Orleans is winning but not by big margins. 9-2. My hopes aren’t too high.

It is still a good team - I’m just spoiled by last year’s squad. We really need to land some big men this recruiting class.

Anyone still playing?  I still am but am  losing interest unfortunately.  I enjoy recruiting, but the lack of coaching options and how you can’t really tell any difference are starting to wear on me quite a bit.  

Case in point- I’ve normally always used less as my 3 pt strategy.  Lately having gotten multiple 40% from deep shooters, I’ve moved up to more or normal.  1). I see  little to no difference in the amount of 3s my team takes.  I’ve had the same team on back to back games shoot five 3 pointers in normal and 10 in less.  2). These same good shooters are now horrible in college, by more than 10-15% less than hs.

Probably a better way out there for me to waste my time lol....

Anyone still playing?  I still am but am  losing interest unfortunately.  I enjoy recruiting, but the lack of coaching options and how you can’t really tell any difference are starting to wear on me quite a bit.  
Case in point- I’ve normally always used less as my 3 pt strategy.  Lately having gotten multiple 40% from deep shooters, I’ve moved up to more or normal.  1). I see  little to no difference in the amount of 3s my team takes.  I’ve had the same team on back to back games shoot five 3 pointers in normal and 10 in less.  2). These same good shooters are now horrible in college, by more than 10-15% less than hs.
Probably a better way out there for me to waste my time lol....

Lols. I’m still playing but i certainly get your point. The randomness seems very high. Sometimes leading to bitter frustration. I think I’ll stick with it a while longer. I’m kind of a diehard that way.

29 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I missed a week recruiting in L31 and threw in the towel. It was taking too much attention. Was fun tho!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea, I’m a small program and in leagues like 31 and 34 it’s just luck of the draw on recruiting with no safety nets.  I’ve gotten to where I only recruit my league or region.  I had a top 10 class in 31 and had one good year, have stunk since then.  Pretty much done there.  

47 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lols. I’m still playing but i certainly get your point. The randomness seems very high. Sometimes leading to bitter frustration. I think I’ll stick with it a while longer. I’m kind of a diehard that way.

Right, I understand everything shouldn’t be predictable but I have a hard time with things like a SG 60% ft shooter in hs moving to PG and going 0-8 over a 3 game stretch and then being moved to bSG and going 10-10 over the next 2 games.  Does position matter for ft?  Lol   That seriously happened and it’s not all that rare.   I love my center who gets 4 rebounds one game in 30 minutes and 14 the next.  I could go on and on.

Worked hard in L34 as a small program and got 3 straight top 15 recruiting classes.  2nd game this year my #9 ranked team loses by 32 to a team ranked 82nd....C’’mon Man!!!

I’m still playing. In L31, I won the NTT last season. Unfortunately I have missed every recruiting target for the last four seasons and my team is horrible now. L34 and L37 I don’t put a lot of effort into. I recruit but I don’t put much into coaching and struggle to make the NTT every season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I’m still playing. In L31, I won the NTT last season. Unfortunately I have missed every recruiting target for the last four seasons and my team is horrible now. L34 and L37 I don’t put a lot of effort into. I recruit but I don’t put much into coaching and struggle to make the NTT every season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Culver City?