Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

Q&A with CTC on cbs sports

Lots more, I like this one.

CBSSports.com: So many people have asked you this fall about trying to sustain success at Indiana, but you've already been through that when you were at Marquette. What basic principles will you take from that experience and apply to what you're dealing with now at Indiana?

Crean: I'd say this. Every time we ever made a mistake, it was because we didn't get people that came in and absolutely knew it was about the team. I think it's very, very hard in this day and age to just say "everybody is going to get it." You've got to work hard at it and there's going to be some tough moments through that. Most people really don't mean to be selfish. They're just used to the way they do things. I mean, some people mean to be selfish but hopefully you're going to navigate that in the recruiting process. I think the key is that you have to replace talent with talent, you've got to replace toughness with toughness, and most importantly, you've got to replace character with character. If you get that, well now you have a chance to get people that are really going to improve. But if you have that -- people that come in and their bags never get unpacked, or they feel it's more about them -- that can destroy you. I think you have to watch that as carefully as possible.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24250880/q-a-indianas-tom-crean