Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

Bouncing back after a legendary coach

Have talked with multiple people lately about this.. How common is it for a program to maintain it's dominance after a legendary coach leaves the program?

Only one that really comes to mind is Kentucky (who has struggled at times, but can't deny their ability to get back to form). 

Will we see programs such as Duke and North Carolina lose momentum after their coaches retire? 

Have talked with multiple people lately about this.. How common is it for a program to maintain it's dominance after a legendary coach leaves the program?
Only one that really comes to mind is Kentucky (who has struggled at times, but can't deny their ability to get back to form). 
Will we see programs such as Duke and North Carolina lose momentum after their coaches retire? 
Most bluebloods have done it with the exceptions of IU and UCLA though they have had more success than us the last 20 years. Kentucky and Kansas have really never skipped a beat. It really shoyld not have been that hard but IU made very bad hires.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Not intending this to get into a discussion on the underbelly of college basketball, but just curious if we will see the landscape of dominant teams change here in the next 5-10 years. 

Wont change much. Players going straight to the NBA may help. Those programs are committed and will spend the $$ for elite coaches.

2 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Not intending this to get into a discussion on the underbelly of college basketball, but just curious if we will see the landscape of dominant teams change here in the next 5-10 years. 

I happened to turn on ESPNU this morning. The 2006 McD’s AA game was on and the announcers were talking about the newly implemented draft rules by the NBA. It was also the same year that George Mason made their cinderella run. They were really concerned that the George Mason’s of the world would go away with true superstars coming to college now, but I don’t think it’s really changed a whole lot. 

I don’t know how much this applied to your post, but it was interesting and seemed somewhat relevant. 

Yep. 7 years. Solid in the beginning. Didn’t make it out of opening weekend 3 years in a row while finishing under .500 in conference for the time ever. That will do it at Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app