Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

#IUBASE - 3 Game Series Vs. Northwestern 4/13-14

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

It's a game we probably shouldn't have lost (with how the game played out, we just weren't good enough), as far as it being a "bad loss".. no not at all. One of the NW games would have been a bad loss. Cinci and Pacific were bad losses, Purdue was not. 

What ever you say but Losing to a team at home almost 60 spots below you in the RPI is a bad loss in just about any sport

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

What ever you say but Losing to a team at home almost 60 spots below you in the RPI is a bad loss in just about any sport

Its a bad loss in a sense you shouldn't lose and we gave the game away but with the baseball RPI formula if you win 2 out of 3 against top 100 team the penalty is minimal for the 1 loss. If you lose even 1 to a team outside the top 100 at home is when you really get docked. Need to hope PU stays in top 100. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdue is a solid baseball team and that loss didn't hurt us in the RPI at all. 

Just now, Aaron said:

Its a bad loss in a sense you shouldn't lose and we gave the game away but with the baseball RPI formula if you win 2 out of 3 against top 100 team the penalty is minimal for the 1 loss. If you lose even 1 to a team outside the top 100 at home is when you really get docked. Need to hope PU stays in top 100. 

Not necessarily a bad loss in RPI sense but a kick in the teeth for conference standing. and as you said one we shouldn't have lost 

iowa was a bad loss simply because we played poorly. Iowa isn't bad per se. 

Seriously this schedule disparity is pretty bad. The more I look at it. 

Certainly a game we should have won... just not a bad loss though. The Cinci game is about the only game all year where we just simply didn't show up and against a bad team, that loss was awful. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Purdue is a solid baseball team and that loss didn't hurt us in the RPI at all. 

Solid by what definition?  Your made up metrics?  They are a .500 team that is terrible on the road. 

Bad loss. End of story

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not necessarily a bad loss in RPI sense but a kick in the teeth for conference standing. and as you said one we shouldn't have lost 

I guess we simply have different definitions of a bad loss. Iowa is top 40 and we were on the road. 

Solid by what definition?  Your made up metrics?  They are a .500 team that is terrible on the road. 

Bad loss. End of story

Sir,  yes sir. Honestly we should probably be 32-0

Which is why I said as much. Do you even read posts before replying?

You literally said the Iowa loss was a bad loss, now you're saying it isn't. Eeeesh. So which is it? 

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Since you clearly need some help. I put it in bold. 

But please do get back to how Purdue is a good team?  I'm interested in your counterpoint. To facts such as their bad RPI, horrible road record and average overall record. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Since you clearly need some help. I put it in bold. 

But it's two different things. We played bad, so we lost. Cinci and Pacific are bad losses. Just because you get beat doesn't make it a bad loss. We have two bad losses this season... 4 others that we simply lost because we weren't good enough. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

But it's two different things. We played bad, so we lost. Cinci and Pacific are bad losses. Just because you get beat doesn't make it a bad loss. We have two bad losses this season... 4 others that we simply lost because we weren't good enough. 

Different categories of the same thing   

They can't all be quality losses to 15-15 teams at home after all