Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

Starting 2G next year?

don't get me wrong, I love this team and don't want this year to end because it will be the last time I see Jordy and Watford and possibly Zeller and Oladipo.

But, I was just wondering who is our starting shooting guard next season? Yogi will prob be at the PG, Sheehey at SF, Vonley PF and Perea C... who starts at the 2?

Creek?  Sheehey?  Robinson?  Abel?

I think Robinson or Abel will be our 2 next year. Better question is who will be our back-up PG if Remy starts as our 2?

I have to believe that Creek is gone. He can not stay healthy long enough to get back into game condition. So might be time for him to hang it up.

I dont think Will can handle the ball well enough to be the 2 guard. But who knows what another year of improvement will bring. Vonleh will will be the 3, and Hanner will be the 4. Hanner doesnt really have the shooting ability needed to stretch d.

agree, that is why I think Perea plays the 5.  Vonleh is a 3 but will play the 4 in CTCs system.  I really like the future of Hollowell.  I think he's our 3 next year.

don't get me wrong, I love this team and don't want this year to end because it will be the last time I see Jordy and Watford and possibly Zeller and Oladipo.

But, I was just wondering who is our starting shooting guard next season? Yogi will prob be at the PG, Sheehey at SF, Vonley PF and Perea C... who starts at the 2?

Creek?  Sheehey?  Robinson?  Abel?

Creek is probably gone this year.  I would think a new player might take that role.  I can't think of anyone on our team right now that is an actual shooting guard.

I think you guys are missing the fact the Luke Fischer is almost the same player in the same state of progression Cody was in as a senior, so I can't help but think that Luke will be fighting pretty hard for that 5 spot. It is very difficult to find starters, which is why Coach always refers to this team as having 7-8 starters. Depending on development, this is what we could see next year

PG- Yogi/Remy/Stan

SG- Remy/ Stan/ Davis

SF- Will/ Noah/ Troy/ Hartman

PF- Hanner/ Noah/ Luke

C- Luke/ Hanner/ Peter

Also, Remy's last name is 'Abell', not 'Abel'. Just a small thing, but it pains me when I see it haha

I think you guys are missing the fact the Luke Fischer is almost the same player in the same state of progression Cody was in as a senior, so I can't help but think that Luke will be fighting pretty hard for that 5 spot. It is very difficult to find starters, which is why Coach always refers to this team as having 7-8 starters. Depending on development, this is what we could see next year

PG- Yogi/Remy/Stan

SG- Remy/ Stan/ Davis

PF- Hanner/ Noah/ Luke

C- Luke/ Hanner/ Peter

Also, Remy's last name is 'Abell', not 'Abel'. Just a small thing, but it pains me when I see it haha

I like all this combinations. It will just be really weird to not see this senior class anymore. Seems like they've been there forever since they basically started all four years. They will be greatly missed!

PG- Yogi/Remy/Stan

SG- Remy/ Stan/ Davis

PF- Hanner/ Noah/ Luke

C- Luke/ Hanner/ Peter

Thanks, I know it is Abell, but I think I misspell it every time.  Sorry.

U really think Hanner and Luke starts over Noah Vonleh next year?  I just can't see that.

After just checking myself, Noah is 6-8, same as Hanner, and Luke is listed at 6-9. I though Luke was taller, somewhere around 6-10 and growing, and that's what I based those spots around. That being rectified, if Luke doesn't grow then I definitely do see Hanner playing the 5 and Noah the 4, though I do think we will miss Cody's size a lot. I also think it will depend on the progression they all make over the summer. If Hanner's hands don't improve on the offensive end, Luke may get the early nod to start. Or it may be Troy, who knows. One thing is for certain, there is a lot of talent coupled with a lot of questions.