Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrYuk

UK cheats at UofL

Am I the only one that is LIVID about Cal switching shooters at the free throw line against UofL? Nobody caught the switch, not the refs, not UofL. There is video, however, I think it's safe to say, if that was any other team besides UK, the NCAA would come down so hard nobody would forget it. But being that it was UK I'm sure NCAA will turn the other cheek. I for one, will voice this matter until something is done. It's sad when an honorable school such as IU gets dragged through the mud over nonsense like bumper stickers, but a known dirt bag school like UK, is free to do as they please without any consequences. John Calipari should be fined, fired, and banned from every sporting event down to elementary school level.

I agree self reporting is what screwed us, but that goes to show that Coach Crean has brought respect back to IU. And it also shows good guys finish last.

With the NCAA nit-picking every move IU makes, you'd think they'd have interest in a cheating scandal where there's video proof. Course as corrupt as the NCAA is, wouldn't surprise me if UK had some inside help. Like I've always said, once a cheater, always a cheater. If there's an investigation that needs to be done, it's one into the NCAA.

With the NCAA nit-picking every move IU makes, you'd think they'd have interest in a cheating scandal where there's video proof. Course as corrupt as the NCAA is, wouldn't surprise me if UK had some inside help. Like I've always said, once a cheater, always a cheater. If there's an investigation that needs to be done, it's one into the NCAA.

lol, with our luck, they will say UK cheated, and therefore the game will not be counted.  Kentucky doesn't get a loss.

Calipari could rob a bank, sign autographs, and still get away with it. UK will never self-report anything for fear the NCAA will poke around and find the bigger infractions!

Guest Josh

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BtownBanners" data-cid="68" data-time="1356920931"><p>

The foul was called on Smith #2 for Lousiville. If you don't believe, then check the <a href='http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2012/12/29/kentucky-77-louisville-80/play_by_play'>Game Minutes at 1:05 remaining.</a><br />

<br />

Now that you agree the foul was on #2 Smith. Please rewatch the video and tell me how #2 fouled #22... I rest my case.<br />

<br />

BtownBanners for the win!</p></blockquote>

Guest Josh

Sorry, My phone isn't cooperating. In the video it looks like two possible fouls could have been called 24(lou) fouled 22 (uk) and 2(lou) fouled 3(uk). The state sheet isn't lying, but there could have been a mistake and the former was actually called and everyone else thought it was the latter. I was purely going off the video that was posted.

Sorry, My phone isn't cooperating. In the video it looks like two possible fouls could have been called 24(lou) fouled 22 (uk) and 2(lou) fouled 3(uk). The state sheet isn't lying, but there could have been a mistake and the former was actually called and everyone else thought it was the latter. I was purely going off the video that was posted.

Wdrb.com go there they have a story on it they cheated plain and simple

I dont understand how none of the refs or players or coaches caught this. Does no one pay attention?

First off, great name/ picture combo! Secondly, no clue how everyone missed this. To me, the problem isn't necessarily that it happened. The problem, is this was clearly rehearsed. Look at the UK players, they had talked about, planned and then finally executed it. THAT is sad and pathetic.