Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

You can watch the above game at:  https://www.clutchsportsil.com/          There are 4 games.  The first is Grafton vs. Evansville Reitz with '26 Braylen Langley and '27 Jaylan Mitchell players you may hear more about in the future.  The second game is the Wauwatosa vs Lawrence North game.  Azavier Robinson was not in uniform for Lawrence No.; no idea why.

Rogers had his moments but wasn't overly impressive.  He was blocked at the rim on his first 2 field goal attempts and only took 6 total shots from the floor and only 1 of them was in the entire 2nd half.  He had 4 TOs all due to bad passes on his part.  

Wauwatosa 67-53 win over Fond Du Lac.  Kai Rogers 16 pts, 9 rebs, 4 blks, 2 stls

I watched this game and he was very passive in the first half with only 4p and 1r but was clearly far more aggressive in the 2nd half.  Dribbling is not one of his strong points and I noticed he seemed to have some difficulty in really grabbing the ball when it was thrown in to him.

I described his first half play in his previous game as very passive.  Definitely not passive tonight in a 76-57 win over Whitnall.  In tonight's first half he had 14p and 10r.  For the game he finished with 27p; 17r; 1a; 1s; 6b; 4t and I've no doubt I missed some stats as I was jumping back and forth between his game and the IU soccer thread.   Tonight he showed some very good agility which I did not see in his previous game.  

Wisconsin high school basketball trivia.  Varsity teams play 18 minute halves; JV's play 16 minute halves.

Wauwatosa West (5-2) 78-58 win over Milton (3-4).  Rogers 25p (12-16 FG); 13r; 2a; 0s; 4b; 2t.   Milton's tallest player was 6'4" and Rogers is  listed as 6'10" so he should have dominated the boards.

Rogers DNP in the team's 3 previous games and was on the bench in street clothes.  Tonight I noticed a sleeve on his left knee but no idea if it's related to his DNP or not.  FWIW he played at least 30 min. in tonight's game and didn't seem to favor his knee at all.

12/28 a 79-65 loss to Cordova (TN).  14p (5-10 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 3-3 FT); 11a;  2s;  4b;  3t

12/29 a 69-55 loss to Totino-Grace (MN).  15p (5-9 FG; 5-7 FT); 11r;  0a;  0s;  5b;  3t

9 game averages:  19.3p;  13.1r;  2.8a;  1.4s;  4.1b;  2.4t          69% FG;  30% on 3s;  63% FT.

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

An offer that never appeared to have any traction.  Schools recruiting him the hardest are Marquette, Iowa State, Minny & Oklahoma.  In an update from Dushawn London on 247, we didn't get any mention.

Yeah, this one just screamed the James Brown “recruitment” where you heard about the offer and then never another word from anyone ever again.

FWIW which is mainly very little in this instance.

Travis Branham from the Under Armour event.

Kai Rogers and his Wisconsin team delivered a punch by jumping out to a big league and wouldn't ever turn back, despite a big comeback from the Magic that got it down to one possession late.

For Rogers, there are few in high school that are as strong and mature as him. The put it frankly, Rogers is a grown a** man that can't be moved on the block and he has a pair of great mitts and soft touch, making him for a highly efficient and effective scorer on the block when he gains position.

The 6-foot-10 big man was also effective in altering shots around the rim, gobbling up rebounds on the glass and helping his teammates by creating space with his physical, immovable screens.