-
Posts
8,185 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
34
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Football Recruits
Store
Events
Forums
Everything posted by Home Jersey
-
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
IMO an alternative to the NCAA just needs to emerge at this point. Time to evolve. -
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
Frustrating enough people that the general public has a big enough appetite for Congress to give the NCAA the legislation it wants. The Protect College Sports Act aka The Protect ESPN Profits Act that they're rolling Saban out to promote 24/7 like a low budget carney. -
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
I am not a lawyer but I am a pessimist and I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about how this turns out -
Well said. 17 days til the Butler scrimmage. Sam obviously fills a huge need, let's hope his eligibility sticks. I'm really curious to see how our freshmen do. Seems like Prince will be a bona fide rotation player. Manhertz maybe not physically ready for a big role, but talented enough that Duke was recruiting him before the reclass at one point. Not counting on him for much, but maybe he could be a dark horse / surprise this year. I think Karvala is a high floor, low ceiling player as a freshman. I think he can be solid enough with "do no harm" type of minutes. Keen to see sophomore Sisley too.
-
https://africa.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/50015860/lsu-wade-going-player-eligibility-concerns LSU's Will Wade 'going for it,' despite player eligibility concerns “I'm not hiding from this," Wade said. "What we're doing is unconventional. I understand that. But 20 years ago, Airbnb was unconventional. Everybody stayed in a hotel. Fifteen years ago, you rode in a taxi everywhere. Now you take Uber. Just because it's unconventional doesn't mean it's not going to work. "It may not work. If it doesn't, write about what an idiot I am. I understand that." "Hell, what's the downside," Wade said. "I don't see much downside. We've given ourselves a chance at incredible upside and if we're no good, all right, we just got to live through one more bad year. We've had a few of them. We'll live through one more bad one and we'll get it going next year. We'll do it conventionally and we'll get a bunch of high school five-stars and go do what we do. We can do that, too. "But that's not the best way to get it going right now. This is the best way we thought to get it going right now."
-
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
You're absolutely right here, of course. I still think the Protect ESPN and SEC Profits Act has a pretty uphill battle to get passed, despite the Senate's procedural vote the other day. Although Congress can surprisingly get out of their own way when certain folks have money on the line, so who knows. Whole lotta noise IMO. -
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
I believe so -
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
The NCAA constantly appealing these rulings is vastly more annoying to me than LSU trying to roster a couple guys who spent a few weeks in NFL training camps or whatever. There is no meaningful distinction between those guys and Daley and Wyatt IMO. I don't think those guys became superstars because they spent a couple weeks training in the NFL since they were denied an opportunity to play a 5th year like all the classes before them since COVID and all the classes after them will get. The NCAA has gotta go. -
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
Tune in next week / month for the next episode in this ridiculously stupid saga. -
Daley and Wyatt Eligible? Yes! (for now)
Home Jersey replied to HoosierReb01's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
NCAA is, has been, and always will be a total clown show -
B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread
Home Jersey replied to hoosierpap's topic in Indiana Basketball Recruiting Forum
Micah Gordon is the #28 ranked player nationally according to 247's composite rankings and he just committed to Creighton over West Virginia and VCU. He is only 5'10 180 though. The portal seems to have impacted HS recruiting for basketball considerably more than football IMO.
