Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

23 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Bradley is draft eligible since he redshirted last year but doubt he goes. Also so is Herrin as a current junior but doubt he goes as well. Kruger and Gorski are sophomores and not eligible so having them back will be huge. Also Beauchamp, Houston and Saalfrank back as well as our new freshman. Sowers and Sabol are seniors and for sure gone. I also think Stiever, Fineman, Miller, Lloyd, Milto and Kaletha will all be drafted as juniors. I think the first 3 are I mentioned are for sure gone and the last 3 are 50-50 as late round picks. Also the new freshman look strong.    

Yes. I know Bradley and Herrin are draftable.. just don't think they'll go. Idk about Miller.. he needs to mature. Regardless we're in a good spot. If we can just get 2 of the 6 out of that group to come back we will be very solid again. More then 2 and that's just gravy. 

Well we can forget winning the Big Ten. I keep talking about 50-50 games in the Big Ten and we are now 2-3 which will not even remotely get it done. I said from the beginning this team was a third place Big Ten team and a 2 seed somewhere else and that's where we are headed. I keep saying I am not advocating getting rid of Lemonis and as long as we make tourney and finish high in Big Ten we have to be happy but we are no where near as good in clutch as we were with Smith and its why we have fallen slightly albeit to a still winning level.

Trading the Ball State win for 2 losses saved our tournament resume a lot but hurt us a ton in the Big Ten. Losing 2 out of 3 to OSU is not the end of the world from a tourney perspective and our RPI will probably be where it was when weekend started. Bad news for us is Illinois has hit a rough patch and there RPI is now in 40's so we kind of need a sweep now to really move the needle and make up for these losses. We lost two winnable games this weekend to a solid team by executing poorly with runners on base. We need Milto badly moving forward and to execute better as every remaining series will be a war.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

Well we can forget winning the Big Ten. I keep talking about 50-50 games in the Big Ten and we are now 2-3 which will not even remotely get it done. I said from the beginning this team was a third place Big Ten team and a 2 seed somewhere else and that's where we are headed. I keep saying I am not advocating getting rid of Lemonis and as long as we make tourney and finish high in Big Ten we have to be happy but we are no where near as good in clutch as we were with Smith and its why we have fallen slightly albeit to a still winning level.

Trading the Ball State win for 2 losses saved our tournament resume a lot but hurt us a ton in the Big Ten. Losing 2 out of 3 to OSU is not the end of the world from a tourney perspective and our RPI will probably be where it was when weekend started. Bad news for us is Illinois has hit a rough patch and there RPI is now in 40's so we kind of need a sweep now to really move the needle and make up for these losses. We lost to winnable games this weeknd to a solid team by executing poorly with erunners on base. 

I don't see us not being a top 16 seed. We've played excellent just did execute the last two days. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't see us not being a top 16 seed. We've played excellent just did execute the last two days. 

Depends. Right now RPI is in mid 20's if we win at a high level from here on out like we were before this weekend we have a chance. If we don't execute in the rest of the series like we did this weekend and go .500 we get a 2 seed. Its all up to us to keep winning like we were prior to this weekend and I really hope that happens.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I just don't get it. Doesn't even look like the same team from a month ago. And I'm not really surprised because this happens every year it seems. We can't put two good halves of a season together 

We just came off an 8 or 9 game win streak lol

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't forget a had a thin pen and Milto didn't get to start yesterday. That hurt a lot. 

Agreed but a great team finds a way in one of these 2 games regardless of circumstances. We are a good team but not a great team as we proved this weekend.

Depends. Right now RPI is in mid 20's if we win at a high level from here on out like we were before this weekend we have a chance. If we don't execute in the rest of the series like we did this weekend and go .500 we get a 2 seed. Its all up to us to keep winning like we were prior to this weekend and I really hope that happens.

Prior to the last 2 games. 2 games define nothing.. don't over think it. I am a little worried who will start against Purdue. 

Agreed but a great team finds a way in one of these 2 games regardless of circumstances. We are a good team but not a great team as we proved this weekend.

Nothing has been determined on our level of greatness. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Forgive me not being impressed by wins against the likes of Ball State and Northwestern. 

All you talked about a month ago was how inconsistent we were.. so which is it

I didn't get to watch any of the games (since I'm already paying an arm and a leg for cable, which includes BTN, I have no inclination to pay for BTN-plus), but from what I've read here, this sure sounds like a really, really disappointing series. Seems like we should've swept. ... I'd almost rather lose by 8-9 runs than blow games we should win. 

I am going to say it again. Btownqb you need to stop being a fan boy and criticize a bit when things go wrong and we play poorly and don't execute as we did this weekend (minimal criticism like me is fine).

Brass Cannon you need to stop being a negative Nancy and only posting when things go wrong. We had a terrible weekend but I can't say this is a second half meltdown. We absolutely need to execute with runners on base a lot better though. 

I like you both at some points and you both drive me nuts at others and need to find a middle ground like I have.