Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dennis

Russ Yeast - Center Grove

2 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Yeah I'm in food service industry with a sales and marketing firm. I was just using a high profile name everyone would related to. How long you been there?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Almost 6 months with Wilhelm at the south campus.  Construction management here.

Almost 6 months with Wilhelm at the south campus.  Construction management here.

Nice nice! Yeah my friend from college interned last year in their computer science department so IT/coding. My brothers trying to get in there with their labs. He's a biochem major at hanover college (where I was an econ major) wanting to be a dentist.

I nowhere mentioned burgess. I've been following iu football ever since my cousin played there. I'm talking about competing with kids who have high offers which in the past 3-4 years IU has done. It's becoming more relevant lately. Everyone got excited because that flip came from nowhere. He was mentioned a little here and there. Then we got a visit. Then he flipped.... We weren't in the running til late. That's why people were so happy. But to your argument and to my points above. We have beat out good teams for recruits. We are no longer fighting for MAC recruits like the lynch era. We flipped Kenney and Latham let me remind you. Both highly ranked recruits out of high school. Also booth out of pike.

We can both agree on the recruiting improving in recent years, that's obvious and a good thing. However, IU will not win an actual recruiting battle with Bama. Idk about the others but yeast met with and personally received an offer from Saban, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's not how they give out all their offers. Also, just because someone has an offer from bama doesn't mean it's still on the table or available. That's probably what happened to Harris considering he had a lot of top school offers and ends up with 3 middle of the road programs.

15 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Nice nice! Yeah my friend from college interned last year in their computer science department so IT/coding. My brothers trying to get in there with their labs. He's a biochem major at hanover college (where I was an econ major) wanting to be a dentist.

Awesome!  Spent 4 years driving from the Haute to Indy, and flew all over the country.  Wilhelm offered me a job, and I jumped at the chance to be hom e7 nights a week instead of 6 days a month.  No. Brainer. Drive sucks, but hey, I'm home!

Should we make a Job Banter thread? Thought this was the Russ Yeast thread...

Well as you can see I have posted mostly about Russ yeast and recruiting which is what this thread is about, then I answered a mans question. Thanks for the thought tho