Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) DT Shawn Streck

Love them kids that do work on the mat! 

Already established as one of the Hoosier State's top heavyweight wrestlers, Shawn Streck is now ready to emerge as a blue-chip football recruit.

A 6-foot-3, 270-pound two-year varsity starter, Streck already has 18 career sacks and 32 tackles for loss in those seasons. He was an All-State selection last year, and credits what he learns on the mat for his gridiron success.

Wrestling has kept him from attending any college camps for football this summer, but that hasn't stopped schools from around the country from beginning their recruitment of him. He drew many coaches to the school during the spring evaluation period.

"Illinois, Michigan State, Indiana, Miami (Ohio), Central Michigan, Purdue, Kentucky and Indiana State stopped in. Northwestern is showing a lot of interest."

Thanks for the article CC. This is a kid that I am very interested in as he develops his game. I really like how he applies his wrestling techniques to tackling. Smart. Seems very goal oriented and academics are high priority. Although he mentions Northwestern as a favorite, I would hope he can get down to Bloomington to check out what the in-state school has to offer.

IHSAA @IHSAA1  ·  9h 
285 State Championship: Shawn Streck (11) Merrillville (46-0) def. Nathon Trawich (12) Richmond (48-3), Fall 5:34. #IHSAA

IHSAA @IHSAA1  ·  9h 
Merrillville's Shawn Streck becomes 6th individual in tournament history and third THIS EVENING to pin all four state finals opponents!

:good: