Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will_Padgman

New Opportunity

Hey everybody, things have been getting pretty crazy here in Btown with the students coming back, classes starting, and the beginning of a new athletic season just over the horizon. But I'm not here to write coverage this time, I'm here to write to you, the readers.

As of late Monday night, I became an intern at AllHoosiers.com. This came about because several of my friends were interning with them already. One of them found a job, and a space opened up. I was contacted to possibly fill the role, especially since the team needed soccer coverage.

To fill you in on what AllHoosiers.com is, it is an entity of Fox Sports/Scout.com that is now headed by Terry Hutchens, formerly of the Indy Star. Its focus is on football, basketball, and the recruitment of both, and now they are trying to tap into the soccer market. So you can imagine the thoughts going through my head when the offer was placed on the table; you don't just pass up an internship, especially with this type of name associated with it.

But the decision was harder than anticipated. For the past year, I have been writing for BtownBanners and have loved every minute of it. I have spent time talking to Jason (the owner, thank him for the site if you get the chance) about how we could improve coverage and what the vision of the site should be. This became a real project to me, and I had a hard time thinking about whether I should leave it.

In the end, I decided to go with the internship to try and work on my craft as well as get my name out there even further. I still feel loyal to Jason and the BtownBanners community, and I want all of you to know that just because I am writing for another service doesn't mean I won't stop back in from time to time to check up on things going on here.

I am very thankful for the opportunity Jason allowed me to have in writing for him. He took a big risk, as I was a college junior with minimal sports writing experience, and now because of that, I have the chance to possibly make something with it. 

Thank you to everyone who has posted here, and those who have yet to post. It is because of visitors like you that aspiring sports writers get to where I'm going in the first place. Please stay strong in the BtownBanners community and help it to grow. 

Thank you, best wishes to all, and Go Hoosiers.

Will Padgett

Thank you Will!  We honestly couldn't be happier for you and look forward to following your career.  You have had a major impact on this site's grow over the last year and for that we cannot thank you enough.  Our community has really enjoyed your posts and articles this year and I know we will be missing out on some great Soccer content that was just around the corner.  Just because you left for a competitor, doesn't mean you still aren't a part of the BtownBanners Family!  We just hope you don't become a complete stranger over here!

On another note,  BtownBanners is proud to now have two of our featured contributors off working in the national media with Fox Sports and SLAM magazine.  If you have any interest in getting into journalism or sports, please do not hesitate to contact us at btownbanners@gmail.com.  We would love to help you reach your goals.

Currently we are in the process of searching for the following positions:

• Website Editor
  • Indiana Football Beat Writer
  • Indiana Soccer Beat Writer
  • General Contributors

If you, or anyone you know is interested, please share this with them and have them e-mail us their resume at btownbanners@gmail.com.  Time to continue our accent to becoming Indiana's premier website!