Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

2 game lead

By this time next week, IU could have a two game lead in the B1G over Michigan.

If Michigan lose at Minny thurs like most think they will, and IU beats Wisky at home and @ Northwestern Saturday.

I think this could almost make me feel great about our chances of winning the conference outright. By the time they play us at home, they could have 3 losses bc the following week, they play at Illinois. If we beat them at our place on feb 2nd, we could be undefeated and a 4 game lead!!

I'm getting too excited!! It's been forever since we've won our Conf outright.

By this time next week, IU could have a two game lead in the B1G over Michigan.

If Michigan lose at Minny thurs like most think they will, and IU beats Wisky at home and @ Northwestern Saturday.

I think this could almost make me feel great about our chances of winning the conference outright. By the time they play us at home, they could have 3 losses bc the following week, they play at Illinois. If we beat them at our place on feb 2nd, we could be undefeated and a 4 game lead!!

I'm getting too excited!! It's been forever since we've won our Conf outright.

Haha you are definitely getting too excited.  I think the first half of your post is accurate and possible.  I'm not sure about the second half!  I think IU has a very good shot at having a 2 game lead after this week, but Wisconsin is always a TOUGH matchup for the Hoosiers.  The slow it down game (ala Butler) isn't our game.  It will be interesting to see if we can push the ball up the court.

First off, Illinois will not beat Michigan. Illini haven't been able to hit the broad side of a barn lately, plus Michigan is already better than them. IU could very possibly have a two game B1G lead after this week, however.

Lets hope we take care of business against Wisconsin and at Northwestern. The B1G is going to have ups and downs, we have a brutal stretch later in the season on the road. If we hold serve at home and somehow get a win or two away to the other top teams, you have to like our chances. Nothing will come easy with the depth of this conference but it would be good to have everyone chasing the Hoosiers. I don't see Wisconsin in top 3 at the end, thir schedule has been very favorable. Still think it comes down to the Hoosiers, Michigan, Minnesota, and never count out the Spartans battling for the title. You know the B1G is stacked when OhSt, ILL, and Wisconsin are still there and going to win a lot of games. May be the best regular season battle in a long time in the B1G!

I will say this, If indiana puts two halfs together playing their best. NCAA Champions. No team playing their best against Indiana's best will beat the Hoosiers.