-
Posts
2,738 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Football Recruits
Store
Events
Forums
Everything posted by pumpfake
-
Young, accomplished as a player, and trusted by CDD - sound great.
-
-
If he's animated on the sideline, maybe a good fit for Iowa?
-
There's a lot to be said about a coach that really wants the job. I recall Sampson had told people he'd choke the sh*t out the IU job (presumably in a positive way, lol). Archie is said to have taken it only because it was a great opportunity and it was time to take a step up. Woodson wanted it but wasn't capable of or willing to put in maximum effort.
-
2025 NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament Discussion
pumpfake replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I'm happy just to see a tight game. -
It is suspicious. While I'm sure his techniques have merit, they may not be ideally suited for basketball. I will say that I don't remember any occasion when we were clearly the better conditioned team (to my knowledge).
-
Lol. Yep (freakin' touchscreen keyboard!) For the record, I am. They actually have a song that mentions Hawthorn Wingo, for Pete's sake.
-
As I warm to the choice, it certainly does. First experienced, adaptable coach this century. I'm probably not the first to think of it - but it struck me that our hiring Devries is similar to when we hired Knight (thought to be going to another B10 team before we grabbed him).
-
Beasie Boys fan? (Mike Diamond) lol
-
I watched an Iowa podcast last night. They quoted Matt Norlander suggesting DD was our 5th choice - smacked of "copium". They were certain he was theirs and are now downright gutted. They're all in on McCollum and left no doubt if they don't hire him it will be a "disaster". Got me thinking - if Buckner didn't force a 4th Woodson season how different it might be across the cbb world (May at IU, Devries at IA).
-
Sommelier at Oliver winery.
-
Was anything mentioned about adding a GM position?
-
I understand your position. So much smug condescension from numerous posters would be difficult to endure. I for one appreciate the info you and a few others shared (not the obvious johnny-come-lately trolls who were pretty obvious) far more than the self flaggelating haters. Anyone with a grain of sense knew that anything non-official was subject to change or flat incorrect. Some of us were just hoping to be wowed and were somewhat letdown. I have no predictions on how well DD will do. I'm not pessimistic or overly optimistic but will wait and see how things develop. I'm sure he'll be a significant improvement over the proxy coach we've had for the past four seasons. Hopefully you and others won't be in this position again.
-
If true, that would be a major failure on his part. Of course, when an announcement IS made he'll say "this is the guy we were after all along". Sheesh.
-
Not gonna lie. This hire doesn't excite me. Not that DD couldn't do quite well, but my enthusiasm for IU basketball has been on a steep decline and is now hanging by a thread. I needed more than this to rekindle the joy. It is not rekindled. I will casually observe what transpires and maybe change my mind, but until we look like a tough team to beat and actually fight at the top of the BT, I'm not going to be invested. I hoped this hire would do that. It hasn't. Good Luck to CDD and all the true fans. After 50 plus years, I'm retired.
-
If nothing else this should force IU to make some sort of statement pretty soon.
-
If true: Sounds like it could be Dolson had his list and whiffed. The search firm came up with DD and that's what we got. Meh.
-
-
Valid question.
-
Yes. Dolson & company have insisted on keeping this radio silent. I can't imagine he'd be anything but PO'd if some candidate's side was out blabbing to the media.
-
Kind of worth noting how much is being reported lines up with what Jerry posted late Sunday night.
-
I guess it's an ideal situation for agents. Big name program with an opening, the regular season is done, and that program is saying -nothing-. You can allege (lie) that your client is in talks with them with no pushback.
-
"We've"? More like their agents via clueless basketball experts.
-
The only thing I'm confident or certain about is Scott Dolson's ability to conduct a leak-free search. It's been an absolute master class. Here we are, likely on the verge of announcing who it will be and the media and message boards are still throwing around names like Santa at the Christmas parade.
