Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will_Logan

Sudfeld Statistically #1 QB in NCAA

Of course we're just one game into the season, but as Coach Wilson alluded to in his press conference earlier today, Nate Sudfeld currently has the highest passer rating in college football. with Heisman hopeful Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville in close second.  

Wilson also mentioned that Tre's passer rating was even higher than Nate's, but that he didn't have enough passing attempts to qualify.  

Are they both too good to ride the bench this year?  If nothing else, I think they've put some distance between themselves and Coffman.  

Thoughts?

ESPN Quarterback Rating

I think Tre and Sudfeld are talented enough to continue this 2-QB system for now, but one will need to separate himself from the other. The 2-QB system can't work forever. I personally like Roberson over Sudfeld, but it will be a very tight competition to see who starts for IUFB this year and the next couple years.

Wilson has a tremendous problem on his hand. Not many coaches have one B1G caliber QB, much less two.

You bring up a great point with the "next couple years" comment.  It's easy to forget they are both Sophomores as far as eligibility.  Two QB situations typically don't work out, but the offense doesn't seem to skip a beat when a new QB enters the game.  It seems to me the offense has been operating a like a machine with seemingly interchangeable parts.

Normally, the logic of if you have 3 good QBs you don't have 1 good QB applies.  I don't think that is the case this season.  I think Indiana honestly has three very good quarterbacks, and can win with all three.  I personally like Tre the most, but Sudfeld was impressive and will continue to impress.  Should be interesting to see where Coach Wilson turns.  I'm not sure he can go wrong.

They are both good, but the OU/Texas Tech/Houston offense that we've developed also makes it easier for our QB's to succeed. Look at Tech during Leach's tenure, different QB's of varying skill with the offense still produced like clockwork year after year, regardless of the QB.

Normally, the logic of if you have 3 good QBs you don't have 1 good QB applies.  I don't think that is the case this season.  I think Indiana honestly has three very good quarterbacks, and can win with all three.  I personally like Tre the most, but Sudfeld was impressive and will continue to impress.  Should be interesting to see where Coach Wilson turns.  I'm not sure he can go wrong.

From what I got about him "being outvoted" was that he like Sudfeld was his guy.