-
Posts
2,738 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Football Recruits
Store
Events
Forums
Everything posted by pumpfake
-
Kind of funny. A year ago we were pointing to how UK & UL made such good hires without grabbing a "home run" name, yet a year later UK fans are ready to dump Pope and UL seems stuck in neutral. Somehow I suspect if CDD is going to get us where we want to be, it will take more than a couple more years (I believe Carr has said things to that effect).
-
Fuuudge!
-
Great time for a peeyoo T.O.
-
Volkodsjs is AWFUL at the line.
-
Breathing in close proximity to a PU player is now a foul...
-
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
pumpfake replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
This year, I believe. But not so fast - the family dog "Massie" starts obedience classes in May. -
IMO it's unethical to accept a coaching job and then bolt after one year. Another reason I believe May had no interest here last year.
-
That would be absolutely diabolical.
-
Yes. Krshevski was given roles in national ads for years, that was a nice recruiting advantage for sure. Dang! Cigs could be perfect for funny ads, but he's too locked in for such things I'd figure.
-
Yep. Bad hires have consequences. Winning championships takes a combination of many factors. We lost out on a big chance when Alan Henderson injured his knee, but that was a championship level team. We lost to Syracuse because they were a superb zone defensive team - I believe that was our Achilles heel, especially with Hulls hurt. We're now in a long drought of not being at the top level, but really have only been "bad" after Crean. Eight years of lousy coaching has dug a deep hole.
-
What was "stupid" was the coach repeating the infraction he was already on probation for. Just pisspoor judgement, which extended to player selection and program discipline. Maybe he finally learned to walk a straight path (?). I wouldn't be shocked to learned he still does and allows questionable things at UH (he may be more careful or be at a place that turns a blind eye).
-
Speaking personally, I'd say "fan enthusiasm". Winning and success are a large part of it, but few teams are championship level on a regular basis. Failing major success, fans like following players and familiarity. These days it takes a month into the season to be able to put name to face. Even before NIL, one and done players were similar. I can't say I know or give a single solitary damn about Romeo Langford, JHS, etc. after their cup of coffee at IU. I was happy they played here, but I have no loyalty toward them.(It's why it's so difficult to have split feelings about Q. Buckner). With money has come constant roster churning. Admittedly if we didn't make wholesale changes every year it'd be less of a problem for me.
-
2026-27 Roster/Portal/how to fix the roster?
pumpfake replied to Asha’man's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
The above bolded is the key, IMO. It's Cig's secret power. I understand that CDD was late to shop the portal, but wasn't he and his staff at WV scouring & scouting it throughout last season? Some act as if he was dropped into the position out of thin air. Also, knowing Woodson was a lame duck, why didn't Dolson have someone on board to bridge the gap like Matta was supposed to have been or Carr is supposed to be? Feb/Mar last year was a clusterhump in retrospect. -
2026 B1G Men's Basketball Tournament
pumpfake replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Didn't the clock mysteriously "pause" during that final Iowa possession?
