Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Michigan Thoughts

Round 2... The first game was a battle which Indiana was able to pull out. That defeat has to be on the minds of a Michigan team that can clinch a share of the Big Ten Championship on Sunday. This game is HUGE.

MOJO-

Indiana has the chance to win the Big Ten outright, avoid losing three of four games, and get some of their "MOJO" back before tournament time approaches. I think this game is paramount to Indiana's success in March. I don't think Indiana has to win, but they will have to play at a level similar to Michigan State game a couple weeks back.

Big Ten Player of the Year race -

This game will determine the Big Ten Player of the Year. I think the Trey Burke and Victor Oladipo lead for this award. Whoever has a breakout game wins the award. If both players play to their ability then I think Trey Burke will win the award. However, if Victor plays on another level, and can keep Burke quiet, VO will be the man.

National Player of the Year Award -

Please reread above paragraph and add the caveat that Victor will have to guard and completely SHUT DOWN Trey Burke. Oladipo will also need to score 20+ and be a stat sheet stuffer to have a chance of bringing home this award.

Finally, I just want to see Indiana play like Indiana again. They need that swagger (UNC game was the highest single showing of Swagger college basketball has seen in awhile) back. This game can do it for the Hoosiers which will lock up the #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament and carry them through the Big Ten Tournament.

Our fun year is quickly winding down. Time to really make this year a memorable one! Go Hoosiers!

What do you think?

Can't wait to see this one. To win outright B1G championship we have to beat Michigan on their floor which nobody else has been able to do. Future NBA players on both sides, great matchups. We need Zeller and Watford to have big games inside and not let Burke dominate the game. If we can get the 3s to drop I like our chances. Let's finish what we started and end up on top of the toughest league in the country. Go Hoosiers!

This a very important game to establish positive momentum for IU! I'd love to see us get back to what has been our MO, quick, good D leading to great O, out rebounding our opponent on both ends (most of the time) and unselfishness. We need to NOT turnover the ball and we need to go inside to CZ and we need to slow down Trey and shut off his outlets. This has been such a good year and now I look forward in progressing to hanging banner #6! GO HOOSIERS!!!!!!