Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coachmayhew

Nothing compares to Assembly Hall

Tonight the wife and I had front row seats under the basket at Hinkle, right next to the student section/Band. The seats were great, we were very close and the play was intense from our view. Hinkle Field House was sold out, but still it did not compare to Assembly Hall. I have been to both venues multiple times but never sat so close. The atmosphere at Hinkle was cool but it doesn't make the hair on my arms raise or eyes water like Assembly does. I am sure you all agree.

I also noticed that I was the only one in attendance tonight wearing Indiana Hoosier Basketball clothing. It is what it is and I'm a Hoosier.

I have to agree. I've been to games at Hinkle as well as played ball there as a kid during summer camps. It is a remarkably cool gym, but it certainly does not have the feel that Assembly Hall does. Not even close.

one of my best memories of college days was getting booed while playing a student-faculty game at Assembly Hall after blocking the shot of a 10 year old professor's kid. Nothing compares, especially when you are a huge IU fan. Guessing the huge MSU and Duke fans would pick their own as favorites as well though, since the emotional connection probably has a lot to do with it.

I sat on the opposite side of the student section (maybe 50 people) and I wasn't impressed. It was when they lost to Charlotte, and the crowd noise and chants were pathetic.

The only IU game I've been to was vs Ball State back in November.  The students were gone bc of thanksgiving so it wasn't too loud but seeing the banners, and the introductions of the starters and the trophy cases just gave me chills