Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomPritchard25

IU wins B1G, plays Wisc/Minn/Minn in B1G tourney

It's possible if IU wins theB1G conference regular season to play Michigan, and Minnesota before the championship with MSU in the B1G tourney. Also, even worse, very possible to play Wisc in the first B1G tourney game. I don't know how you guys feel, but Wisconsin scares me.

Wisconsin scares me too, but not as much as they used to.  I can tell that our team has grown up, and that they would probably beat Wiscy now.  What really scares me is possibly playing MSU a third time after beating them twice this year.  I know we could beat them, but that team would be pretty fired up if they got to play us again.

I don't think another loss is a good thing for this IU team. The loss at Illinois was good to wake them up a little (not good for the fans, but for the team) also the Butler loss was good, but I don't want to lose in the B1G tounament and then call it a good thing. The only way a loss in B1G tourney is good would be for extra rest before the real tourney.

Win the conference regular season. Who cares about the conference tournament except small conferences that have to win to get to the NCAA tourney. Don't get beat up playing three tough B1G games that don't have to play.

I'm still not convinced that winning the Big Ten Tournament is the best thing for IU going into March madness. After seeing how they respond to a loss, one more loss could do a lot of good...

Am I crazy for thinking this way?

Absolutely not!  Like I've been saying, I don't think that anyone can go on a 9+ game postseason win streak (3+ conf tourney games, 6/7 NCAA tourney games) and win the title.  Get that loss outta the way because I don't wanna be let down in the tourney!  

I do however, hope that if we lose  in the B1G tourney, that it doesn't cost us the Midwest #1.  I'd hate to lose the B1G championship game to MSU/UM and end up not getting the Indy regional because of it.  Do you all think that the selection committee would overlook a B1G champ game loss and give us the #1 overall if we had swept UM and MSU in the regular season?

I'm still not convinced that winning the Big Ten Tournament is the best thing for IU going into March madness. After seeing how they respond to a loss, one more loss could do a lot of good...

Nope, several I know feel the same way.

Not at all, I completely agree UNLESS we make it to the title game then I want to win. But I would like to see us lose in the first or second round.

I hope we play as many games as we can, but that's only because I have some pretty nice news... I didn't have plans for Spring Break, but now I know what I'm doing for the end of it... I will be broadcasting and blogging the Big Ten tournament for WIUX :D

You'd think so? We've clearly established we're the most consistent BA in the B1G this year, sweeping Michigan. And going undefeated on the road in the B1G! Are you kidding me!?

Indiana has only played Michigan once and lost on the road to Illinois..

Don't forget about the possibility of someone getting hurt increases the more game that are played....

I would agree with you, but there is still the chances of freak accidents that occur in practice, in the gym, and even just walking down the stairs.