Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew_114

Remaining Schedule

As most of you probably know the schedule for the regular season looks like this:

@ Minnesota

vs Iowa

vs Ohio State

@ Michigan

As I look at the remaining games and our current level of play I firmly believe we can win out. I think the  Minnesota game will reflect the previous match up but with no run from Minny in the second half. Iowa should be an easy win for this team. Ohio State is looking like a win with way this team is playing and the help of our home crowd. Now at Michigan will be a tough game but Michigan hasn't been playing well and hopefully with a B1G Championship on the line we can get the win (if it's not already clinched by then.)

Just thought I'd share and get your guys' opinions

If Indiana Wins at Minnesota, then at home against Iowa and Ohio State, then the B1G will be won before going to play at Michigan. I can see this team going 4-0 the rest of the way with IU holding the tie breaker with MSU. I feel the toughest test was tonight. What a ride.

If IU continues to play the way they've been playing these past few weeks, winning out is a good possibility. Even finishing 3 - 1 we should still win the conference. The barn is never an easy place to win, something about that raised court..... and Michigan will be very tough.

I imagine State will lose 1 and maybe 2 of its final 4 games (@ OSU, @ Mich, v Wisco, v PSU)

I think Indiana can win out, but ifs important to note that teams like Minnesota and Iowa NEED to beat IU to boost their resumes.

At this point in the season, you would like to avoid bubble teams as they are hungry for the upset. Minnesota scares me for that reason. They are a good team, have faltered and now need a big win vs someone.

Coach will have the team ready regardless, but that game scares me more than anything. Not worried about Ohio State for senior night. After everything those seniors have gone through, they won't leave Assembly Hall with a loss.

This Indiana team reminds me of one of those computer programs that plays chess.  Whenever they lose (which is rare) they learn from it and don't make the same mistakes in subsequent games.  This is a special group of kids who seem to just get better as the season progresses!

Predictions:

IU: 12-2 (3 tough left: @Minn, OSU, @Mich) predict 15-3 (predicting loss @Mich)

MSU: 11-3 (3 tough left: @OSU, @Mich, Wisc) predict 14-4 (predicting loss @Mich)

Wisc: 9-4 (3 tough left: @Minn, OSU, @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict losses @Minn, @MSU)

Mich: 9-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU: 8-5 (4 tough left: Minn, MSU, @IU, Ill) predict 11-7 (predict losses MSU, and @IU)

Think that game will be the difference between out right B1G and share of the conference. Huge win.

I think we will win out, but would not be shocked by a close loss @UM.  For some reason, I don't see us winning the B1G tourney (probably because we've never won it before), but that's okay because I'd rather get that heart-breaker loss out of the way before the NCAA tourney.  I just don't see us, or any team for that matter, going on a 9+ game postseason win streak (3+ conf tourney games, 6/7 NCAA tourney games) to win the National Title.

Predictions, updated for 2/22/13:

MSU: 11-3 (3 tough left: @OSU, @Mich, Wisc) predict 14-4 (predicting loss @Mich)

Wisc: 10-4 (1 tough left: @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict loss @MSU)

Mich: 9-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU: 9-5 (3 tough left: MSU, @IU, Ill) predict 11-7 (predict losses MSU, and @IU)

If IU can win @Minn, just about clinches a share of the regular season title. MSU has a brutal schedule to go, Wisconin has the easiest schedule left among the contenders.

Interestingly, Wisconsin has had the easiest conference schedule without only having to face the other teams 6 times. IU and Michigan have both have 7 meetings against the others, and poor OSU and MSU have to play 8 games against the top contenders. Speaks to how good MSU has played this year that they are still right in it with that type of schedule.

I think @Minn will be a tough game. They have always played us tough in their place, they are catching flack from media and fans, and will circle the wagons in a last stand effort. Also think Iowa game will be close. Look at their last 8-10 games, they have played everybody close at home and on the road. They are a young team and improving every week. We should win but we will have to play well to beat them. They aren't going to lay an egg and you can count on them giving effort every game. McCaffery is a good coach. Think OSU doesn't match up with us and as long as we play like we normally play we will be fine I like our chances at Mich. Their talent is young while we have guys that have been there, give me the guys that have been there. I think we come out of it with the 1 seed as long as we win @Minn.

Predictions, updated for 2/25/13:

MSU: 11-4 (3 tough left: @Mich, Wisc) predict 13-5 (predicting loss @Mich)

Mich: 10-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU: 10-5 (2 tough left: @IU, Ill) predict 12-6 (predict loss @IU)

OSU beating MSU was huge for IU's chances at outright conference title. 3-1 guarantees it, 2-2 is a share at worst.

Predictions, updated for 2/25/13:

MSU: 11-4 (3 tough left: @Mich, Wisc) predict 13-5 (predicting loss @Mich)

Mich: 10-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU beating MSU was huge for IU's chances at outright conference title. 3-1 guarantees it, 2-2 is a share at worst.

Why do I get the feeling that Michigan will blow it in at least one of the games you mentioned above?

Why do I get the feeling that Michigan will blow it in at least one of the games you mentioned above?

Because they are both very tough games. MSU, Michigan, IU definitely cream of the B1G. Wisconsin just has easiest schedule.

Predictions, updated for 2/28/13:

IU: 12-3 (2 tough left: OSU, @Mich) predict 15-3 (predicting n more losses)

MSU: 11-4 (2 tough left: @Mich, Wisc) predict 13-5 (predicting loss @Mich)

Wisc: 11-4 (1 tough left: @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict loss @MSU)

Mich: 10-5 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 12-6 (predict loss to IU)

Wow Michigan, way to roll over and play dead. thanks for keeping out right B1G title alive.

Predictions, updated for 2/28/13:

IU: 12-3 (2 tough left: OSU, @Mich) predict 15-3 (predicting n more losses)

MSU: 11-4 (2 tough left: @Mich, Wisc) predict 13-5 (predicting loss @Mich)

Wisc: 11-4 (1 tough left: @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict loss @MSU)

Mich: 10-5 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 12-6 (predict loss to IU)

Wow Michigan, way to roll over and play dead. thanks for keeping out right B1G title alive.

Anyone else think Michigan hasn't even played like a "great" team, really since the game they played us? Granted we beat them, like we should have, but they did play very well that game despite losing by 8, but since then they just haven't looked like as threatening of a team as they were to begin the year. 

Predictions, updated for 3/04/13:

IU: 13-3 (2 tough left: OSU, @Mich) predict 15-3

MSU: 11-5 (1 tough left: Wisc) predict 13-5

Wisc: 11-5 (1 tough left: @MSU) predict 12-6 (predict loss @MSU)

Mich: 11-5 (1 tough left: IU) predict will finish 12-6 (predict loss to IU)

OSU: 11-5 (2 tough left: @IU, Ill) predict 12-6 (predict loss @IU)

Michigan and Purdue making things a little easier on IU. Two chances to take B1G outright, and should happen on Tuesday.