-
Posts
22,278 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Football Recruits
Store
Events
Forums
Everything posted by RaceToTheTop
-
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Hopefully the last guy is #11 and not #13. I doubt we are coming on the Euro big to be ready to absorb any minutes. Really need someone capable of playing the 4/5 for depth. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Only thing I can think is that we truly are out of NIL. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Of note: this tool predicts Harris will average 9.9 pts at IU and that Dorn will average 8.5 pts at Miami. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Just as FYI -- I took the career three point shooting rates and percentages for the seven non-freshman on IU's roster's and figured if they each ate up an equal number of minutes then IU would take 25.5 threes per game and make 33.5% as a team. 25.5 threes/game is somewhere near average I believe, 33.5% would be a little below average. I think the two biggest pieces where we could see an increase to that total are with Harris and Sisley.....IMO Sisley isn't going to shoot 27% again and Harris will be north of 31. -
The fact that the previous player we tried to grab was Wang, I would envision that we will be looking for player who can play the 4….but that leaves options of guys who could play the 4 and 5 or 3 and 4. There is something to be said about adding a combo forward who can hit from distance (although that might be Sisley).
-
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
If I like my job and where I am living the only way I would move is if there was a significant different in the salary if I moved on to a new job. And there are certainties in staying -- bonds with friends I've made, having more of a known role, etc. It isn't as simple as just going to whoever offers the most money. -
#1 INDIANA FOOTBALL 2025 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
RaceToTheTop replied to Hovadipo's topic in Indiana Hoosiers Football
IU has the highest retention rate of underclassmen for the upcoming season per Rabjohns. -
The NCAA already had Sampson in their sights before he came to IU.
-
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
No. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Lettuce also doesn't know that Winker was for a walk on position. David Lee scrubbed the last two weeks of tweets, so his post about 'Wang to Indiana' is no longer there. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
The highlights were from when he was in high school. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I agree that Fuchs is more interesting than Wang. But whatever $ we were offering Wang it looks like it probably wasn't enough to get him over a school where he would play more and earn less. The only information I've seen on Fuchs in the portal is that in mid-April, Clemson was showing heavy interest. -
One of those is probably LSU. Apparently it takes more than 20 million to field a team that wants to play for Will Wade. Rumor is that LSU is going to be relying at picking up a lot of Euro players because they have no choice.
-
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Personally, I think that Prince and Karvala are going to get some rotational time. I think the roster construction to this point has been decent.....with the one spot screaming need being a solid rotational big. That's not what Winker is. Right now barring injuries IU is most definitely a tournament team, assuming we get another rotational big. I'm hopeful that Winker isn't thought to be that kind of player and I do assume that isn't DeVries or Carr's plan. I would also assume that IU has at least a little money left, otherwise Wang wouldn't have bothered to visit. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I believe Manhertz was originally a 26 and then reclassified to 27 before deciding to go back to his original 26. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
But I think that if you go with 15 instead of 13, the pot of revenue share portion has to split more ways. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Simply put, if he is brought in to be a back up big instead of a developmental 12/13 scholly, there could not be a worse choice. Why would anyone expect a guy who literally could not get on the court with a middling low major team would all of a sudden be a guy who could be counted on to be a rotational big man on a high major. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I would hope that scholarship number 11 comes before 13. There still is work to do with rotational players. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I'm going to wait until the final pieces fall. Personally, I doubt that Winker is there to earn a scholarship. Last player we know that was brought in (Wang) has quite a bit more value than Winker. Winker has more of a vibe of being a player that enters the portal and doesn't find a suitor. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I stand by what I said -- there are hundreds of players sitting at the end of bench because they haven't even shown they are capable of being a low major player. We already have three freshman whom we don't know if they will be in the rotation -- if we have developmental players at the 12 and 13 positions then what you are saying is that we potentially have only eight players that could be valued as rotational players, -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Unless it is for a walk on position, it couldn't be a worse player to give a scholarship to. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Also the player in the pic doesn’t look 6’11” — last year Ruzic got an NBA combine visit and was measured to be 6’11”. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
If it is Ruzic, here is a scouting report from a BYU site. https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-basketball/27103/byu-basketball-recruiting-notebook-the-big-man-search-continues-center-ruzic -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
RaceToTheTop replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Lindsay right now. He'll play both 1 and 2.
