Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IUWBB AP/Coaches Poll

On 12/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Chloe came on the second half of last season and has taken it to a new level now.Without that improvement and with Grace's injury we wouldn't be here.

She's quickly becoming my favorite player.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fingers crossed we can go 2-1 over the next 3.  I could easily see 1-2 and that shouldn't cost us much based on strength of opposition.  

B1G is stacked more than ever this season.  

ILL is really good. Winning 2 of the next 3 would start to stack some good wins for us.  UNC is back to #17, Maryland at #11... and now that I think about it.. We've already beaten #21 ILL.

And Tennessee is Top 20 in NET. Bowling Green and Auburn are both currently Top 100 wins. 

Illinois has really good spacing and can shoot 3 ball very well.

IU Ladies really need 3 wins and 0 losses in next 3 games.  (everyone wants to win).

the guard penetration almost beat IU Ladies by herself in first game.  I expect IU Ladies to answer.

6 is an excellent place to be. Win one and hover around 6, win next 2 and slip into top 4.

then there are 8 games of which 6 are a tough road to travel.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana jumps UCONN and OSU to No. 4 in this week’s AP Top 25.

1. South Carolina 700

2. Stanford 635

3. LSU 628

4. Indiana 627

5. UCONN 623

For someone around here that knows WBB better than I do, am I correct in assuming South Carolina is miles better than the field?

Got no problem with 4. LSU and SC are undefeated so they deserve to be ahead and Stanford is only team to even come close to South Carolina and are probably better. 

34 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Got no problem with 4. LSU and SC are undefeated so they deserve to be ahead and Stanford is only team to even come close to South Carolina and are probably better. 

Agreed, I am OK with #4. However based on resume, we should be #2. Stanford has 2 losses and our wins are better. LSU has beaten pretty much no one.

3 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Agreed, I am OK with #4. However based on resume, we should be #2. Stanford has 2 losses and our wins are better. LSU has beaten pretty much no one.

Stanford you could argue either way. To me if you stay undefeated as a Power-Six team this long you deserve  to be ahead of a one loss team regardless of injuries or anything else that may be a factor.

Just being unbiased:).