Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IUWBB AP/Coaches Poll

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Illinois is better than given credit for. They were game, and have been strong all season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes they are better but if you’re talking big ten championship or a top 5 finish.  IU Ladies have to play better.  Illinois is much better but not that good.  Purdue is much better as well.

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yes they are better but if you’re talking big ten championship or a top 5 finish.  IU Ladies have to play better.  Illinois is much better but not that good.  Purdue is much better as well.

No team plays their A game in every game and if tbeybdid you see more undefeated seasons. You probably have your A game 30% of the time and the rest you have to learn how to win without playing your best.

TCU vs George Washington Ladies basketball hair pull accidentally??? Punches thrown (looked like L. James and whoever).  That type of behavior could create big time wrestling level spectator interest surpassing men’s sports.

However, currently I like the integrity of Ladies college basketball.

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

Need to play like it at Penn State…Also it would be fun to watch both, Parrish and Scalia to have big go off game simultaneously.

I haven’t seen them play but Penn State Ladies basketball looks pretty good (good as Illinois) from schedule, wins and losses.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

I haven’t seen them play but Penn State Ladies basketball looks pretty good (good as Illinois) from schedule, wins and losses.

I watched Penn State for about a half earlier this year.  They are a mid-level team overall but capable of playing at a high level any given night.  Consistency was their challenge from the bits I have seen.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Need to play like it at Penn State…Also it would be fun to watch both, Parrish and Scalia to have big go off game simultaneously.

Got a chance to watch the Illinois replay last night.  It looked to me like we let Illinois speed us up for long stretches which resulted in rushed shots in the paint.  We will need to stay in control if Penn State tries to speed us up like that.

Against Illinois Indiana got off to a solid first quarter start.  Then, Illinois pretty much controlled game or at least Indiana wasn’t in control.  Illinois got a little physical (not as much as Ohio State will be) and well spaced shooting.  There 30 point plus performance guard had the ball in her hands mostly and set IU defender (mostly Chloe) up the whole game with quickness.  Guarding her was ineffective because after playing sound defense on her she would penetrate and create or stop instantly with a quick mid range shot she made time after time.  Illinois got to many second chance shots). 
On offense IU Ladies we’re definitely looking to go inside and Illinois was effective taking away 3 pointer.  IU Ladies looked a little unsure and hesitant in passing and shooting including 3 ball Scalia was passive until later in game.  Then, she drove the bucket a couple times.  Yes, IU Ladies missed on several layups and close shots.  Notable:  Really missed loss of Berger how she makes everyone around her better, her rebounding, (Parrish does a really good job and often plays with Grace Berger at same time) which makes both them rebounders, facilitation of game, and really missed Berger’s mid range shot.  IU Ladies have basically an All American not able to play.  
Having said this Parrish may be able to eventually (next year maybe later this year) rise close to an all big ten/all American type status. Also Yardon did not have a good game and was just taken out of game and had foul problems.

IU Ladies are going to run into a lot of tough games.  The target is on their back and they better get use to it. (as T. Moren has stated).  Also Chloe is on a learning curve at point guard because of G.B. absence.  (as T. Moren has said).  This is a big negative. (as I say) though Chloe is doing a good job.  Grace an all American type player is hard to replace.

IU Ladies by 15 to 20 to 25 vs Penn State.  Maybe, they can get some of the issues worked out from Illinois game.  
Also, no in your grill defender like N.C. Hillary.

Hannah S. looks solid.