Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IUWBB AP/Coaches Poll

I've had a soft spot for IUwbb since the first Hoosier Hysteria. We had such passion, but just not a lot to back it up. Coach Jack was a decent motivator, but the recruiting was iffy. When Coach Miller was hired, I was cautiously optimistic. IUwbb is kind of a difficult sell. Very impressed with his demeanor, and obviously the progress made. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's about time this team got into the top 25. I notice their game tonight at Purdue has been postponed due to the crappy weather. The ladies will put a beat down on Ohio State Saturday. BTN will be in AH for the game. Boy, I hope my power is back on by then.

[quote name="mamasa" post="28324" timestamp="1389038692"]I've had a soft spot for IUwbb since the first Hoosier Hysteria. We had such passion, but just not a lot to back it up. Coach Jack was a decent motivator, but the recruiting was iffy. When Coach Miller was hired, I was cautiously optimistic. IUwbb is kind of a difficult sell. Very impressed with his demeanor, and obviously the progress made. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]. Have they said when the game will be played? Would like to take my daughter?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

ESPN out.

2015-16 record: 21-12; lost in NCAA tournament second round
Notable returners: Tyra Buss (18.8 PPG, 4.4 APG); Amanda Cahill (14.7 PPG, 8.5 RPG); Alexis Gassion (11.3 PPG, 3.3 APG)

The Hoosiers have made huge strides in only two seasons under coach Teri Moren, winning their first NCAA tournament game and equaling a school record with 21 wins. Now even more is expected. Much of the recent success can be attributed to the play of Buss. The 5-8 junior attacks the basket with confidence that spills over to the rest of the team. Only Washington's Kelsey Plum attempted more free throws than Buss in 2015-16. All five starters are back for the Hoosiers, including the 6-2 Cahill, the Big Ten's fourth-leading returning rebounder and Indiana's most accurate 3-point shooter (41 percent). Moren also welcomes Dayton graduate transfer Amber Deane, who is coming off an injury that shortened her season a year ago; she averaged double-figure scoring in her final three seasons.

As expected, we fell to #29 in the AP.

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/ap-womens-basketball-poll-week-3#overlay-context=

Others receiving votes: Auburn 55, Missouri 52, Colorado 41, Indiana 27, Texas A&M 26, Marquette 18, South Dakota St. 12, South Florida 8, Green Bay 7, NC State 7, Saint Louis 6, Western Kentucky 3, California 2, Duke 1, Boise St. 1.