Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

Chicago Cubs Thread

Games and World Series like that just reaffirms what I've always said Baseball is the best sport on the planet. I'm really glad the Cubs finally won it, because 108 yrs for any fan base is far too long.

Now I just need my Phillies to finish fixing the dumpster fire that Ruin Tomorrow Jr left behind.

We got super lucky on drafting and trades we made over the last 4 years. Phillies should be in a good position to make some trades and get good players in the draft. We got Arrieta and Strop for Scott Feldman and Clevenger. Addison Russell for Shark. Hendricks and Edwards for Dempster. Rizzo for Cashner. Bryant was the number two pick behind Mark Appel. Fowler was for basically nobody. Schwarber was the 4th pick and Theo was ridiculed for that. There is not one situation above that should have happened the way they did. Our accumulation of talent was purely luck and some good scouting. The Phillies surely have the resources to do good in building the organization up again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

37 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

White Sox have fans Stu? Is that one of those times where you say, "All 6 of us stood in unison?"

Yes!  The few, the proud, and the underappreciated. johnsoniu, I need some support here!

I shall leave you with this - Preach on, fine clown, speak out forever:

Just now, mdn82 said:

We got super lucky on drafting and trades we made over the last 4 years. Phillies should be in a good position to make some trades and get good players in the draft. We got Arrieta and Strop for Scott Feldman and Clevenger. Addison Russell for Shark. Hendricks and Edwards for Dempster. Rizzo for Cashner. Bryant was the number two pick behind Mark Appel. Fowler was for basically nobody. Schwarber was the 4th pick and Theo was ridiculed for that. There is not one situation above that should have happened the way they did. Our accumulation of talent was purely luck and some good scouting. The Phillies surely have the resources to do good in building the organization up again.

Yeah, ever since they've fired RAJ they have really focused in on the farm system and development which I love. RAJ looked at the farm system as nothing more than trade chips and when you cant make good trades like he didnt that double screws your organization. The Phillies have a really good base right now with Crawford, Franco, Joseph, Nola, and Velasquez now we just need to finish filling out our future lineup with good solid picks.

Congrats! Now we can finally stop hearing how much the Cubs "deserve" to win :)

Thought for certain the Cubs Cubbed it up and blew it, and that the Kipnis foul was the walkoff soul crusher I was hoping for, but for once the sun shined on that cursed team.

The parade in Chicago is NOT going to be a family friendly event haha.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nothing personal, but as a White Sox fan, you have just expertly summarized the entire Chicago Cubs experience.

Thank you.

Lol nah there's plenty of diehards I know that stuck with them. That's why I was cheering them on so hard. I'm still not a baseball fan.

Lol nah there's plenty of diehards I know that stuck with them. That's why I was cheering them on so hard. I'm still not a baseball fan.

Yeah I was a crazy diehard that goes to games every year for reasons God only knows. Have since I was 8 and my great grandfather had season tickets. I know how much people like him cared. He was born in 1918. He died in 2012. Never got to witness what we just did. Many fans won't understand that cause their teams just weren't as badly run as ours was. I guarantee many people went to graves today for people that got them addicted to the Cubs. As a lifelong fan it truly still does not seem real to me honestly.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17963668/keeping-promise-man-listens-chicago-cubs-win-dad-gravesite

I think stories like this is why I and many other were pulling for the Cubs. To me I didn't feel sorry for all the young fans(no offense Hova) it's these old guys that are 50, 60, 70, 80 or even passed away who have never seen their team win it all. The video of the 80+ yr old man getting just as excited as he would've when he was a kid is what baseballs all about.

14907000_10153973706693199_8901102337774478744_n.jpg?oh=b3d738181769afcfea811840267f6a15%26oe=589E494C&key=5f2eff9c4259cd206cb90c4741d21a1c3dbef24e6f4e3d375574d00815f40089

Ha, they had a story on what they did the last time they won a Series. They played Detroit. When they beat them they had dinner. Then played an exhibition against Detroit the next day with Detroit sending out their ace. Then they had a field day of sorts. 100 yd dash. Bunt tourney. Throw from the outfield. Accurate throw. Ty Cobb from Detroit won most of them and they won the exhibition. I couldn't make that up if I wanted to.