Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Mens/Womens Swimming and Diving

13 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I just realized both DeWitt and Steele are from Fort Wayne and the same club. Im pretty sure I had their coach for a few years. 

Edited by BeerBQ

8 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Hoosier divers good very well. 3 are going to the Olympics and 2 others also had great performances.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/6/11/mens-swimming-and-diving-hoosier-trio-headed-to-olympic-games-2020-tokyo.aspx

The platform synchro diving looks freaking nuts.

The first full day of swimming trials is over. There were (by my count, so don’t take it as absolute truth) 4 swimmers with IU ties. 

Zane Grothe - trains with the pro group at IU. Didn’t make the final in the 400 free but could make the Olympic team by having made the time standard. 

Josh Matheny - incoming athlete. 6th in the 100m breast going into final tomorrow. 

Cody Miller - alum training with the pro group. Tied for 11th in the 100 breast. 

Zane Backes - current athlete. Placed 15th in the 100 breast. 

Edited by BeerBQ

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

The first full day of swimming trials is over. There were (by my count, so don’t take it as absolute truth) 4 swimmers with IU ties. 

Zane Grothe - trains with the pro group at IU. Didn’t make the final in the 400 free but could make the Olympic team by having made the time standard. 

Josh Matheny - incoming athlete. 6th in the 100m breast going into final tomorrow. 

Cody Miller - alum training with the pro group. Tied for 11th in the 100 breast. 

Zane Backes - current athlete. Placed 15th in the 100 breast. 

Many more than that (see 1st link in the post directly before yours) but those are the swimmers who placed highest. I haven't watched it yet, but those 4 were probably the only ones shown on TV.

13 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Many more than that (see 1st link in the post directly before yours) but those are the swimmers who placed highest. I haven't watched it yet, but those 4 were probably the only ones shown on TV.

I just scanned through the top 16 of each event so I definitely missed some. 

I saw the finals last night from 8-9. They didn’t show the prelim of the 100 breast for some reason but I was able to stream that when the coverage cut off. 

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

I just scanned through the top 16 of each event so I definitely missed some. 

I saw the finals last night from 8-9. They didn’t show the prelim of the 100 breast for some reason but I was able to stream that when the coverage cut off. 

Yeah, those 4 were the only ones to finish in the top 16 of their events. 13 total swimmers with IU connections swam yesterday.

It's awesome that Matheny is in the finals. He's going to be a good one. Actually, I guess he already is. lol

Not bad.  Not bad at all.   

U.S. HOOSIER SWIMMERS AND DIVERS HEADED TO TOKYO
Zach Apple – 100m Freestyle, 400m Freestyle Relay
Michael Brinegar – 800m Freestyle, 1500m Freestyle
Andrew Capobianco – 3M Springboard, 3M Springboard Synchro
Mike Hixon – 3M Springboard Synchro
Lilly King – 100m Breaststroke, 200m Breaststroke
Annie Lazor – 200m Breaststroke
Jessica Parratto – 10M Platform Synchro
Blake Pieroni – 400m Freestyle Relay

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not bad.  Not bad at all.   

U.S. HOOSIER SWIMMERS AND DIVERS HEADED TO TOKYO
Zach Apple – 100m Freestyle, 400m Freestyle Relay
Michael Brinegar – 800m Freestyle, 1500m Freestyle
Andrew Capobianco – 3M Springboard, 3M Springboard Synchro
Mike Hixon – 3M Springboard Synchro
Lilly King – 100m Breaststroke, 200m Breaststroke
Annie Lazor – 200m Breaststroke
Jessica Parratto – 10M Platform Synchro
Blake Pieroni – 400m Freestyle Relay

Hoosiers well represented on the Olympic team. 

Apple is also a part of the 4 x 200m (800m) Free Relay team.

Ray Looze is also an assistant coach on the team.

Drew Johansen is the head diving coach for the 3rd straight Olympics.

9 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Apple and Pieroni win gold in the 4x100m free relay. Apple had a great anchor leg.

That was an awesome relay to watch. I’m excited to see what Apple can do in the 100 himself after that anchor.