Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

southsidehoosier

Candy stripe unis for the Nebraska game

Was the case prior to MSU, too.   They had 46K for that game, and they will for Nebraska, too.   These uniforms are SO much better than I thought they'd be when I saw the headline.

Actually we only drew 43K for MSU, and 45K for Wake.

There is no reason to have 7K unsold tickets for a nationally televised 3:30 game against a top 10 Nebraska team. On homecoming. That's pathetic.

On 10/6/2016 at 11:11 AM, RBB89 said:

Actually we only drew 43K for MSU, and 45K for Wake.

There is no reason to have 7K unsold tickets for a nationally televised 3:30 game against a top 10 Nebraska team. On homecoming. That's pathetic.

Pathetic for a team that has been to two bowl games since the mid 1990's at a stadium you can't get to or get home from?    Disagree.

Pathetic for a team that has been to two bowl games since the mid 1990's at a stadium you can't get to or get home from?    Disagree.

Yes I disagree. If you are a true fan, you should be there, especially when we have a team that has an improved defense and can upset a Nebraska team during homecoming.

Just now, ThompsonHoosier said:

Yes I disagree. If you are a true fan, you should be there, especially when we have a team that has an improved defense and can upset a Nebraska team during homecoming.

Right.  The "true fan" argument.    I have 3 boys playing football, and they all have basketball tryouts next weekend.  I live in Indy.    I'm not a true fan, I guess.  God, how I hate that argument.

8 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Multitude of reasons people can't attend IU home games but their absence doesn't necessarily lessen their status as a true fan.  To me, it's your phrase "can upset".  Sadly, that's the usual weekly mantra for IU football.  Certainly on any given week we "can upset" the opponent but let's be honest, how often does it actually happen?  Our earlier defeat of MSU isn't even looking like much of an upset at this point with its record of 2-3.  I've followed IU sports for 50+ years and how many winning seasons have we had in those 50 years?  I guess what I'm saying is that I apologize to everyone for not being a true fan and spending a minimum of 6 hours in a car to watch IU football.