Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) PG Shaila Beeler to IUWBB

@WarriorNation_1: The Lady Warriors improve to (11-1) on the season by defeating Ohio power Walnut Hills.  Player of the game @BeelerShaila led the Lady Warriors with (18pts, 4ast, 3reb), @cyd_dodd (7pts, 8reb, 3blk), & @ladywarriors6 (7pts, 2ast, 2stl). WC 49 Walnut Hills 42. #WCFamily #NeverFold

@WarriorNation_1: WC 74, Heritage Christian 47. Leading the way for the (13-1) Lady Warriors was senior @BeelerShaila who scored her 1,000th Career Point (22pts, 10ast, 1stl), @cyd_dodd (21pts, 10reb, 1blk), & @KJaTalley2 (14pts, 13reb, 2blks). WC will host #1 HSE on Thursday. #WCFamily #NeverFold

Beeler leading the Indy area in assists.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/12/31/indianapolis-area-high-school-basketball-statistical-leaders/2452231002/

Shaila Beeler, Warren Central, 7.5 apg
Grace Sandlin, Tri-West, 5.8 apg
Taylor HeathTriton Central, 5.3 apg
Rachel Shafer, Bethesda Christian, 5.3 apg
Courtney Skjeveland, Indiana Deaf, 5.3 apg
Brooke Andrus, University, 4.8 apg
Brooke Shelton, Avon, 4.8 apg
Maya Chandler, Triton Central, 4.7 apg

Final.  HSE 49, WC 41.  IU commit Shaila Beeler (@BeelerShaila) 13 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists for WC.  IU target Sydney Parrish (@sydney_parrish) led all players with 19 points for HSE.  She added 9 rebounds and 7 assists. 

Mason Asher - 2019 5'6 PG Shaila Beeler (@BeelerShaila) struggled a bit in this one but in the end showed why she is committed to IU. She has the ability to create space on her own and knock down shots. Slippery going to the basket allows to to draw fouls. A really willing passer w/ vision.

@WarriorNation_1: The Lady Warriors improved to (15-2) on the season by picking up a big win last night @ Franklin Central, 70-39. Leading the way was @BeelerShaila (13pts, 9ast, 3stl), @ladywarriors6 (11pts, 5reb, 2stl), @KJaTalley2 (9pts, 6reb, 3stl) & Ellington (9pts, 4reb, 5stl). #WCFamily

@WarriorNation_1: The Lady Warriors improved to (16-2), last night, by defeating LC,  86-54. On senior night, the Lady Warriors were led by Shaila Beeler (16pts, 10ast, 1stl), Trinity McClendon (17pts, 3ast, 3stl), Cyd Dodd (17pts, 9reb) & Mel Johnson (16pts, 6reb, 3stl). #WCFamily #NeverFold

What is going on?? Something stinks about this and Yeaney’s announcement. We are a good/great team, and have seniors to learn from and eventually take over for in a year. What are we recruiting like Kentucky, where if they aren’t featured as freshman they bolt for being disrespected?? I didn’t think this was as big an issue on the women’s side and it was more common to play sparingly your fresh/soph years. Your team is 17-5 and a Top 20 team. If you think you should be getting more minutes, earn them. I’m sure Moren would love to be a Top 5 team because playing her freshman over her Junior PG made them a more dominant team. Man, just when I got excited about the women’s program and started giving them my attention the wheels start to fall off.

Edit: looks like IU athletics roster page already  has Shaila off the roster along with Bendu. 
https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

27 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

What is going on?? Something stinks about this and Yeaney’s announcement. We are a good/great team, and have seniors to learn from and eventually take over for in a year. What are we recruiting like Kentucky, where if they aren’t featured as freshman they bolt for being disrespected?? I didn’t think this was as big an issue on the women’s side and it was more common to play sparingly your fresh/soph years. Your team is 17-5 and a Top 20 team. If you think you should be getting more minutes, earn them. I’m sure Moren would love to be a Top 5 team because playing her freshman over her Junior PG made them a more dominant team. Man, just when I got excited about the women’s program and started giving them my attention the wheels start to fall off.

Edit: looks like IU athletics roster page already  has Shaila off the roster along with Bendu. 
https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

Nah, wheels are fine. Pretty long history of transfers with CTM.  Personally, Yeaney hurts (from a past player performance standpoint) more than Beeler, but CTM has recovered from losing more.  I trust in her ability to fill the gaps.  

4 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Nah, wheels are fine. Pretty long history of transfers with CTM.  Personally, Yeaney hurts (from a past player performance standpoint) more than Beeler, but CTM has recovered from losing more.  I trust in her ability to fill the gaps.  

Thanks for the insight. Is Moren a tough personality to play for that you know of? Does that have anything to do with the frequency of transfers? I know very little of her, but she does look pretty stoic on the sidelines. Maybe not very player friendly? (Although I don’t get that impression from the interactions with her players or the comments of former players like Tyra Buss)

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Thanks for the insight. Is Moren a tough personality to play for that you know of? Does that have anything to do with the frequency of transfers? I know very little of her, but she does look pretty stoic on the sidelines. Maybe not very player friendly? (Although I don’t get that impression from the interactions with her players or the comments of former players like Tyra Buss)

Hard not to like your coach when they play you every minute of every game (as she should have) and constantly sing your praises..every student athlete's experience is going to be different. And yeaney learned that this year after not having to compete for her spot. I think iu should have redshirted her this season..we have plenty of depth without yeaney. I also think bendu wants to be closer to home in the same sense that ria gulley did LMAO

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Teri is okay to play for as long as you dont need to drink water in practice after a bad loss