Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) G Sydney Parrish to INDIANA

Final.  HSE 49, WC 41. Sydney Parrish (@sydney_parrish) led all players with 19 points for HSE. She added 9 rebounds and 7 assists.  IU commit Shaila Beeler (@BeelerShaila) 13 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists for WC.

Mason Asher - 2020 6'2 W Sydney Parrish (@sydney_parrish) continues to show why she's a HM recruit for HSE (IN). She's good with the ball and can score at all three levels. Very willing passer as evidenced by her 7 assists. Didn't shoot the ball particularly well but made them when needed.

Love that she has us in her final seven, but me being the eternal skeptic/pessimist, I'm wondering: Does she have a genuine interest in IU, or is she just throwing the home-staters a bone? Because we're in there with some heavy hitters (Gamecocks, Twerps and Lady Vols -- although the latter aren't what they once were). 

#1 in 4A Hamilton Southeastern defeated Lawrence North 56 - 45.  Six-foot-two junior forward Sydney Parrish sparkled. After going scoreless in the first quarter, Parrish finished with a game-high 23 points on 7-of-12 shooting, including four 3-pointers.

I'll update Parrish's stats before Oregon takes them down since she has put her name in the portal and she was once an IU target.

This season she started 32 games for Oregon and averaged 25 min./game.   38.5% FG     35.4% on 3s       75% FT    8.5 ppg     3.3 rpg    32 assists vs 46 TO      31 stls      

'20-'21 season started 2 games; played in 23 averaging 16.7 min./game.   34% FG           33% on 3s       90% FT       6.0 ppg          2.7 rpg          15 assists vs 15 TO       23 stls       

I really wanted Parrish to initially commit to Indiana coming out of high school. I was aware of a family connection in the Bloomington area since her dad starred at Owen Valley.  In conversation with someone close to the family, coming to IU was very much an option that would allow family to come and watch her games. Two years later and obviously things have changed. I don’t know what has prompted this need to transfer.but I would be thrilled to have her playing on the wing. There is never going to be another Ali Patberg but a Syndey Parrish with her own talents and skill set could be a tremendous boost to the core group. Go get her, Terri.

10 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Who is her dad? I've been looking but can't seem to find it.

Found this article on ESPN from 2019 about Sydney and her high school team.

Sydney Parrish opens the door to Hamilton Southeastern's first Indiana state title

Her dad played at Ball State and was an assistant coach at Utah and Northwestern.