Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana defeats MSU! Postgame Thread

Even the throw to Paige near the end was severely underthrown and tipped by the defender. Paige just made a great adjustment to make the catch. His overall lack of awareness about what's going on combined with his absolutely putrid accuracy and touch on throws is very alarming. I understand he's probably our best bet at QB but that worries me.

I believe that throw to Paige was severely under thrown in response to the earlier throw to Paige that was overthrown. He lost the game last week to Wake and won the game against MSU. He has the biggest win for IUFB in 10 years in his fourth game with the team. I'll choose not to pile on and hope it clicks got him soon.

3 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

Natee played QB in HS. He's not a gunslinger, but he can make that throw.

It would have been a great play if it was executed properly but why not just take the points?  I did like how we used Natee in a lot of other spots though.  I'm not sure how many MSU defenders left the game after trying to tackle him.

32 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

Natee played QB in HS. He's not a gunslinger, but he can make that throw.

It was still an awful call.  The way the offense was struggling you take the points when you get the chance, and the chip shot field goal could've been good for Oakes to see.

25 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Even the throw to Paige near the end was severely underthrown and tipped by the defender. Paige just made a great adjustment to make the catch. His overall lack of awareness about what's going on combined with his absolutely putrid accuracy and touch on throws is very alarming. I understand he's probably our best bet at QB but that worries me.

To be fair, his last throw to Paige he got whacked. That could've had something to do with the pass being under thrown. 

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1475434959.537446.jpgImageUploadedByBtownBanners1475434967.603192.jpg the downed goal post and some couches on fire around the stadium. Still hyped off this win!

One article I read said fans took the goal posts down and the other said that they were lowered by stadium staff and police were around them. So which was it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, hsrtxp said:

One article I read said fans took the goal posts down and the other said that they were lowered by stadium staff and police were around them. So which was it?

That would be impressive if the crowd got to the goal post.  I know in 2007 security surrounded them and we couldn't get to them.  (I had grand plans of taking that thing down to Kirkwood!)  I believe they can unlock them and drop them relatively quickly too.

26 minutes ago, hsrtxp said:

See as it was happening I thought it was the fans but everywhere I read said it was staff that took it down. But the posts on the other side of the field stayed up, were just surrounded by police. There were so many people I couldn't see well (I was at midfield) so who knows.

I just turned around and saw them down. I was wondering how they got down too myself. Security lowering them makes way more sense.

Yeah, what the heck is happening with Oakes? Any of our insiders have any insight? I'm genuinely concerned about him. I've made no secret about how much I love him and it hurts to see him struggling with this.

Has been shaky since the miss against Duke. Hopefully the lucky game winner is enough to get him back on track. We are going to need him.

It was still an awful call.  The way the offense was struggling you take the points when you get the chance, and the chip shot field goal could've been good for Oakes to see.

With Oakes there was no such thing as a chip shot. I liked going for the TD in that position with the way the D was playing having MSU pinned down if not converted

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Berghoosier said:

With Oakes there was no such thing as a chip shot. I liked going for the TD in that position with the way the D was playing having MSU pinned down if not converted

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's why I said "could've".  A coach has to have faith that their kicker is going to make a field goal from that short distance, at the end of the day each kick is independent from the last.

I though CKW's calls were too conservative especially as mentioned above about the 4th and 1 in the first and continuing to run the ball. But in hindsight, he must've had faith in the defense (something I never thought I'd hear about IU football). The defense kept it close and the run game eventually opened up.
We need the QB to get better and more consistent.