Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

More bad press for our football team.  The Indpls. Star has reported that Kiante Enis has been charged with 2 counts of child molesting. 

WINCHESTER, Ind. -- An Indiana University athlete from Randolph County was arrested Thursday, charged with two counts of child molesting.

On Wednesday, Randolph County sheriff's deputies received a report of a "possible relationship" between Kiante Christopher Enis, 19, of the 200 block of East Main Street in Saratoga, and "a child 13 years or younger."

According to a press release issued by the sheriff's department, Enis was interviewed by investigators and "admitted to a consensual sexual encounter that occurred on at least two occasions in Randolph County."

Enis was arrested and booked into the Randolph County jail, where he was being held under a $20,000 bond.

Child molesting is a Level 3 felony carrying up to 16 years in prison. Sheriff Ken Hendrickson confirmed to The Star Press the man under arrest is the well-known local athlete who starred in multiple sports at Winchester Community High School.

Enis received an athletic scholarship to play football at Indiana University, where he is listed on the football roster. He apparently has not appeared in either of the Hoosiers’ first two games this season.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Innocent until proven guilty.

If he's proven guilty? Nothing is too harsh.

It's just one of those things that he should have known better, no excuses. Unless the girl posed as someone of age; which has happened in some cases before.

I don't want to speculate because I know nothing about the young man, or situation, but the fact that he confessed leads me to believe that he didn't think what he was doing is wrong, (most child molestation cases the perp will go to great lengths to conceal the crime) he is likely in need of professional help and my only hope is that the criminal justice system does its job and properly serves justice to all the parties involved.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Innocent until proven guilty.

If he's proven guilty? Nothing is too harsh.

While others have already pointed out that Enis admitted to it, the Indiana football program is not a court of law. There is no "innocent until proven guilty" due process for a football roster. He can be kicked off the team immediately.

24 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Dumb comment of the day:

@Justin_Albers: Hard for Kevin Wilson to blame fans for leaving games early or tell them to "buy better coolers" with numerous arrests and lack of winning.

I'm not a Wilson supporter by any means but counting this year and last we are 8-7. When was the last time IU could say they had a winning record in their prior 15 games.