Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PF Billy Preston to Kansas

Jordan Tucker is a solid player. Overrated IMO. Dropping in all rating services (that stay current) because they see the same things I see.
Fills the Justin Smith type spot. Not a need.

Hamidou Diallo.... Lol. Yeah right. Moving on.

Oh wait. That's all folks.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The past 2 years recruiting has really reinforced my feeling that I shouldn't give 2 cares about it. There are obviously variables out there that have much more impact than we are willing to admit. I don't want Indiana to start cheating but I also don't want us to become a bottom of the barrel program (talent wise) bc we weren't willing to take advantage of certain liberties that the NCAA is clearly not enforcing

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also FWIW.

Jay Estime (SG) Durhams teammate at Berkmar just catapulted to 77 in 247 rankings. Hit 7 threes in game recently. Funny.

If this continues I like IU's chances next season.  RoJo and Newkirk might end up in the lottery..  haha

8 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The past 2 years recruiting has really reinforced my feeling that I shouldn't give 2 cares about it. There are obviously variables out there that have much more impact than we are willing to admit. I don't want Indiana to start cheating but I also don't want us to become a bottom of the barrel program (talent wise) bc we weren't willing to take advantage of certain liberties that the NCAA is clearly not enforcing

It's definitely frustrating but the last thing I want Crean and staff to do is cheat at that level.  I'm not sure I could root for a team like that.  It does get frustrating when you see programs constantly rake in top 5 classes that shouldn't be.  We just need to exceed expectations this season, get a solid big from somewhere for next season, and have a solid year next season too.  If we can win the B1G this season and compete next season, get past the Sweet 16 a few years, and have players get to and stick in the NBA we should see recruiting pick up.  It's baffling where some of these recruits are going or continue to go. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

100% agree. I think we can make ourselves final four contenders if we can add a top big man grad transfer. There's always a few big time impact guys available at season's end. We will have a hell of a pitch.

Will we though?  Hey big man transfer, come to IU to play behind Davis for a season.  They are out there but they're few and far between. 

Let's just get a grad transfer big and call it a class. 

Crean losses these recruiting battles too. (For the same reasons probably-whatever that is).

Like I say, we have to hope for one of our studs to return or have a blooming gem come out of the woodwork.

This is crazy. Something is clearly missing from our pitch right now. Crean needs to address with hiring and paying somebody that can reel some of these guys to IU. Man, this has been frustrating. Such a weird time to be a fan when the team is trending upwards and potentially sending 3 guys to the draft but the recruiting misses keep coming.....BLEH

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Bryant coming back would be huge but I just don't see it happening.  OG would be definitely be a welcomed returner but not the same need as TB.  There is nothing behind Davis at the 5 should he get in foul trouble or need a breather.  Do we go small with JMo at the 5?  Does Smith take one for the team and try to defend the 5?  Moore has made it known he wants nothing to do with the 5.  Even if we get 30 minutes out of Davis at the 5 we have 10 that goes unaccounted for without an additional big.  Scary thought.

Crean found success giving Hartman significant minutes at the 5. It's not ideal, but I'm not worried about Crean figuring something out there.

Crean found success giving Hartman significant minutes at the 5. It's not ideal, but I'm not worried about Crean figuring something out there.

Found success for a few games? I'm not worried about a few games, more the trajectory of the program. Being fouls or an injury away from a 6-7 center is not ideal.