Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PF Billy Preston to Kansas

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

Wilkes and Preston still sounds pretty damn good.

Absolutely, and with the emergence of CuJo and Green, it makes the loss of Waters less significant.  Need a point guard in 2018 though (hello Garland), but Wilkes and Preston are the two who fill more needs than anywhere else.

I'm with Stuhoo. If we get one of Preston or Wilkes that'll be great. To me getting both is completely unrealistic. (We've never recruited at that level).

CB still trending UCLA for Wilkes. Have a feeling Justin Smith will be our "Wilkes".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

CB still trending UCLA just means 247( Meyer) feels he is a UCLA lean. I will start to worry when Evan Daniels of scout, Eric bossi of rivals, and Paul bicarnardi of ESPN all start leaning UCLA (which they might now but unlike CB they tend to wait until it's closer to decision day before they show their picks

Can you elaboraye a little?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

She just kept talking about trust she has in their coaches and how she's known a couple of them since she was 14 and Billy would be a hometown hero. She's been big and trusting coaches and knows she can trust them. Also thinks Enfield is really turning around that program.

9 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

She just kept talking about trust she has in their coaches and how she's known a couple of them since she was 14 and Billy would be a hometown hero. She's been big and trusting coaches and knows she can trust them. Also thinks Enfield is really turning around that program.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

She also had really good things to say about crean and our coaching staff as well

If I may stretch the narrative a little, we could be the compromise between Billy's desire for a big-time basketball program and a school that mom feels comfortable with.

(or, am I reading into all of this a little too much?)

She also had really good things to say about crean and our coaching staff as well

She did, as well as good things about Syracuse, and Kansas. I'm not saying it's a done deal it just seems how much she emphasizes relationships and trust it will be a real uphill battle to get him away from USC.

9 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

A hometown hero for all 1,200 of their fans. Can't pass that up!

If I may stretch the narrative a little, we could be the compromise between Billy's desire for a big-time basketball program and a school that mom feels comfortable with.

(or, am I reading into all of this a little too much?)

We could be, but who knows what Billy wants all I've heard is what his mother wants and says what he wants.

I don't think he would have reopened his recruitment if they were that sold on USC

You can say that, I would look more at it like he had other opportunities opened to him, and It sure doesn't hurt to explore those options to see if he would be missing on anything. However I could be reading too much into her comments.