Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

What really gets me is the slow starts that we always have. It's been a problem since we hired Pagano and it has never gotten any better. We get down early, in large part to extremely conservative play calling, then we go uptempo with Luck and have great success, yet Chuck and the OC fail to realize that we should be playing like that all the time. It's becoming crystal clear that Pagano isn't the right guy to coach this team. 

I'm also not a fan of Grigson. He has had 5 drafts, and a lot of cap space in FA, yet he has failed to assemble even a mediocre collection of defensive talent. I think it may be about time for Irsay to clean house. 

26 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I thought offensively you guys were really good. Running game and picking up blitzes need to be better. That defense though... The players aren't talented. The scheme really did nothing. That end will have to be better. Luckily the division you guys are in leaves some room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Division has caught up. Texans look good, Jags are much improved and will probably win 7 or 8 games this year, Titans...well they look better than last year. Everyone else has improved over the past couple years and we've been stuck in quicksand not really improving the talent level. This might be the year our lack of a defense finally loses us control of the division. 

1 minute ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Division has caught up. Texans look good, Jags are much improved and will probably win 7 or 8 games this year, Titans...well they look better than last year. Everyone else has improved over the past couple years and we've been stuck in quicksand not really improving the talent level. This might be the year our lack of a defense finally loses us control of the division. 

I definitely think Houston is better than us. 

1 hour ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

What really gets me is the slow starts that we always have. It's been a problem since we hired Pagano and it has never gotten any better. We get down early, in large part to extremely conservative play calling, then we go uptempo with Luck and have great success, yet Chuck and the OC fail to realize that we should be playing like that all the time. It's becoming crystal clear that Pagano isn't the right guy to coach this team. 

I'm also not a fan of Grigson. He has had 5 drafts, and a lot of cap space in FA, yet he has failed to assemble even a mediocre collection of defensive talent. I think it may be about time for Irsay to clean house. 

Other than Davis is there any one move that has been made in his time on the defensive side of the ball that you can sit back and say it was clearly the right move for the present and future? Darius Butler has always been a plus nickle corner........ after that uh.....? Offensively Luck was a no brainer, TY was a home run, Moncrief he hit it out of the park. I've always been kind of low on Gore, and I mean Ballard could have stayed healthy. Other than that what has Grigson done. He needed to be gone this off-season

4 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I think their offense will get much better as the season goes on, Brock looks promising and the Nuk/Fuller combo looks nasty. Lamar Miller is a very good RB. 

See Brock didnt impress me much at all and he didnt last season with the Bronco's either. Their WR's though like you said are a nasty combo. I think this will  be a 3 team race between us, houston, and jacksonville and we will need to let Luck do his thing to have a chance.

50 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

In my eyes, the biggest problem with the Colts is Grigson. Pagano seems to have the backing of the players. If Luck plays like yesterday he is a beast. Our defense and o-line are the,weak points. And, both are effected by injury.

Pagano may have the backing of the players, but that doesn't excuse his repeated questionable decisions. Calling a TO with 1:15 left in scoring position being a prime example. 

3 hours ago, dalton26 said:

See Brock didnt impress me much at all and he didnt last season with the Bronco's either. Their WR's though like you said are a nasty combo. I think this will  be a 3 team race between us, houston, and jacksonville and we will need to let Luck do his thing to have a chance.

Brock has flaws for sure, telegraphing passes being his biggest imo. But he is the only decent QB Houston has had since Matt Schaub was good. 

2 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Brock has flaws for sure, telegraphing passes being his biggest imo. But he is the only decent QB Houston has had since Matt Schaub was good. 

Thats not saying much thought, I dont see him living up to the contract they gave him. Most of the Texans fans I know down here dont either,

2 minutes ago, dalton26 said:

Thats not saying much thought, I dont see him living up to the contract they gave him. Most of the Texans fans I know down here dont either,

Is he worth the 72mil? No. But I think he'll be good enough to make them a very dangerous team.