Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

21 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I told my Colts friends they wouldn't be good... They felt otherwise.. wasted money in the wrong area... They needed an OLine and WRs. Instead got Matt Ryan. 

How much more money can they spend on the OL!?! 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Just cause you spend money, don't mean it'll be good. 

I mean Kelly was a Pro Bowler before he got paid, and the tragedy with his family. 

Nelson was All Pro, though last year was probably just as much to do with name recognition as anything. Got paid and has been as bad as anyone this year. 

Braden Smith was solid, then got paid. 

They had guys who produced, at least before they got paid. Too bad all 3 weren't in the most important position. LT. And for some reason they don't want to force anyone to play LT unless they're just awful like Pryor. They were legitamitely great at creating run lanes for JT last year. They sucked in pass protection. This year they suck at everything. Honestly trade all of them. This franchise needs a hard reset 

A conditional 6th round pick and Zach Moss for Hines, really?

So a guy whose only a running back and a late pick. Deon Jackson isn't the same type of player that Hines was either. Hines could actually get out nd run routes. Not just sit there and be a check down. 

Better really hope Campbell doesn't get hurt again. Cause I don't see how this offsense exists w/o players like him and Hines. It bareky exist as is because Jack Doyle retired and our other tight ends all suck. 

I don't blame Ballard for this current situation in Indy. He isn't coaching the team. 

I think this season is finally showing just how bad of a head coach Reich is. He doesn't have the Sirianni's and Eberflus' (Ballard hire pre Reich) to bail him out anymore.

Who knows though maybe they'll turn it around and go on a win streak. 

A conditional 6th round pick and Zach Moss for Hines, really?
So a guy whose only a running back and a late pick. Deon Jackson isn't the same type of player that Hines was either. Hines could actually get out nd run routes. Not just sit there and be a check down. 

Better really hope Campbell doesn't get hurt again. Cause I don't see how this offsense exists w/o players like him and Hines. It bareky exist as is because Jack Doyle retired and our other tight ends all suck. 
$5M difference in salary. This was a salary dump trade and was always going to be. Not even sure why they took Moss to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

$5M difference in salary. This was a salary dump trade and was always going to be. Not even sure why they took Moss to be honest.

Cap space for us to not use in FA. Guess we could find a way to overpay our offensive line more. Giving Pryor anything besides a bag of peanuts is an overpay for him

Cap space for us to not use in FA. Guess we could find a way to overpay our offensive line more. Giving Pryor anything besides a bag of peanuts is an overpay for him
Don't disagree at all. Ballard has not shown that he is good at allocating CAP $. And Pryor should be paying the Colts

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Don't disagree at all. Ballard has not shown that he is good at allocating CAP $. And Pryor should be paying the Colts

I think I'm just irritated with this organization and how they've treated fans recently. We heard all offseason they got rid of the issues. We heard how amazing Ryan was. We heard that this leadership knew what to do. 

Then yesterday they are letting it leak that we just need to be patient cause they're driving up the price for Hines. And we get a late 5th or 6th and Phillip Lindsay 2.0. The leadership with this organization sucks and has for years. 

I think I'm just irritated with this organization and how they've treated fans recently. We heard all offseason they got rid of the issues. We heard how amazing Ryan was. We heard that this leadership knew what to do. 

Then yesterday they are letting it leak that we just need to be patient cause they're driving up the price for Hines. And we get a late 5th or 6th and Phillip Lindsay 2.0. The leadership with this organization sucks and has for years. 

I like Irsay and think he wants to win but struggles with being too loyal. Needs to cut ties when the time is right not after damage is hard to repair.

Ballard has been very good with mid, late and the undrafted but has not been good enough at finding difference makers in the early rounds.  Had hope all All Pro guys last year showed a turning of a corner here.  But it seems they have quickly faded. 

at the end of last year I thought all blame was on Wentz and of course Frank. Too many slow starts and limited post season success combined with all those all stars suggested Frank was the issue. 

this off-season though showed major issues with Ballard. Fans and reporters saw the holes and sure we can be idiots but his condescension about these areas being fine while letting vets walk and not signing free agents at WR or offensive line have placed him on the hot seat as well. 

putting Sam in was necessary because while we could have maybe backed into the postseason few would feel great about the future. Let’s we what Sam has. He may not be better than the top 2 QB prospects but he might prove to be better than the bottom 3=5. 

Glad to dump Hines. This assertion that he needed the ball more, meh. Whatever... we had to change so much of what we did just to get him the ball because he isn't anywhere close to an every down back. 

With the way our offense operates right now with JT playing all three downs... I much prefer Jackson over Hines in the RB2 spot. I never thought we would get much at all for Hines, surprised we got as much as we did. 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Glad to dump Hines. This assertion that he needed the ball more, meh. Whatever... we had to change so much of what we did just to get him the ball because he isn't anywhere close to an every down back. 

With the way our offense operates right now with JT playing all three downs... I much prefer Jackson over Hines in the RB2 spot. I never thought we would get much at all for Hines, surprised we got as much as we do. 

I agree with you 100% but so far this year's offense doesn't really operate at all. ;-)

8 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I agree with you 100% but so far this year's offense doesn't really operate at all. ;-)

Very true.  Hines was only relevant with Rivers, imo, who had experience with those types of players with Sporles. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

With the way our offense operates right now with JT playing all three downs... I much prefer Jackson over Hines in the RB2 spot. I never thought we would get much at all for Hines, surprised we got as much as we do. 

We didn't change the offense to accomodate Hines. He had more targets with his rookie year than any other year. The main reason he was underutilized was cause our HC can't give up play calling duties for some reason. Also our offense is utter **** this year, the year where Hines is seeing the least amount of use in the offense. 

Jackson is nowhere near as versatile as Hines. His "good" game he was just used for check downs. 

JT sucks has been horrible on third downs this year, and has never been good in general on third downs. But specifically this year his pass protection has been awful. And Ryan barely looked for his outlet/check downs before the second Jacksonville game. So yah he can't play all 3 downs

8 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

We didn't change the offense to accomodate Hines. He had more targets with his rookie year than any other year. The main reason he was underutilized was cause our HC can't give up play calling duties for some reason. Also our offense is utter **** this year, the year where Hines is seeing the least amount of use in the offense. 

Jackson is nowhere near as versatile as Hines. His "good" game he was just used for check downs. 

JT sucks has been horrible on third downs this year, and has never been good in general on third downs. But specifically this year his pass protection has been awful. And Ryan barely looked for his outlet/check downs before the second Jacksonville game. So yah he can't play all 3 downs

I basically agree with none of this. Hines versatility is absurdly overblown, hes a nice back up, nothing more. 

Can't make a soul miss in the open field. 

For how we use our RB2... Jackson> 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Very true.  Hines was only relevant with Rivers, imo, who had experience with those types of players with Sporles. 

Nope. More targets as a rookie. More role in the offense as a rookie. Whoops. Guess being a ******* stupid homer doesn't pay off

18 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Ballard has been very good with mid, late and the undrafted but has not been good enough at finding difference makers in the early rounds.  Had hope all All Pro guys last year showed a turning of a corner here.  But it seems they have quickly faded. 

at the end of last year I thought all blame was on Wentz and of course Frank. Too many slow starts and limited post season success combined with all those all stars suggested Frank was the issue. 

this off-season though showed major issues with Ballard. Fans and reporters saw the holes and sure we can be idiots but his condescension about these areas being fine while letting vets walk and not signing free agents at WR or offensive line have placed him on the hot seat as well. 

putting Sam in was necessary because while we could have maybe backed into the postseason few would feel great about the future. Let’s we what Sam has. He may not be better than the top 2 QB prospects but he might prove to be better than the bottom 3=5. 

Eh Ballard has been good in the second round; Leonard, Smith, JT, Pittman, Pierce. I still maintain Ballar's biggest shortcoming is his roster building. He doesn't seem to care about the most important positions

- QB, which might be because he was with the Bears when they went to the super bowl

- LT, I have no idea why

-  WR, which our 3 main guys were day 2 picks so I think he this might be a bit overblown

- Edge, he just has been awful picking edge guys. Paye has sucked so far, His later picks look like later picks

- CB, I mean Rock looks really good for another team otherwise meh

- S, if Blackmon could stay healthy I'd feel much different. Maybe Cross will be something?

The thing that is really discouraging about Ballard this year is stuff that is supposedly fundamental to his roster building philosophy is arguably the worst part of the team this year. Our offensive line is horrible. Amd we  have basically no depth outside of linebacker and maybe safety. 

Been saying it all year fire them all. 

2 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Nope. More targets as a rookie. More role in the offense as a rookie. Whoops. Guess being a ******* stupid homer doesn't pay off

Eh Ballard has been good in the second round; Leonard, Smith, JT, Pittman, Pierce. I still maintain Ballar's biggest shortcoming is his roster building. He doesn't seem to care about the most important positions

- QB, which might be because he was with the Bears when they went to the super bowl

- LT, I have no idea why

-  WR, which our 3 main guys were day 2 picks so I think he this might be a bit overblown

- Edge, he just has been awful picking edge guys. Paye has sucked so far, His later picks look like later picks

- CB, I mean Rock looks really good for another team otherwise meh

- S, if Blackmon could stay healthy I'd feel much different. Maybe Cross will be something?

The thing that is really discouraging about Ballard this year is stuff that is supposedly fundamental to his roster building philosophy is arguably the worst part of the team this year. Our offensive line is horrible. Amd we  have basically no depth outside of linebacker and maybe safety. 

Been saying it all year fire them all. 

Oh... before JT? yeah. Pretty easy to see that. 

Who is being a "stupid f****** homer"?