Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

I rewatched the game, Man. I don't even know what the biggest disappointment is,  Matt Pryor isn't a starting caliber guy, let alone a startomg LT. Yannick has been a no show through 2 weeks. Gilmore sucks, dude sucked last year and then we signed him like it was a big deal. How does Hines only get 15 snaps in a game where Pittman and Pierce are out. Why is Campbell on this roster. Our tight ends suck. All off season this FO told us Wentz was the issue and Ryan was gonna fix everything. And these dudes can't even get lined up right. Th3 kicker circus. 

Can't wait to pay Nelson 20+ a year to play the second most insignificant position on the field. Then continuing to ignore the glaring issues with this roster. 

Ballard and Reich both need to be gone. 

Chiefs  have nothing going for them. Instead of pinning the Chiefs deep again, df Reich decides to go for it. Loses all the momentum. Guy is a moron, 

At what point do people realize Ryan is completely washed up. 

When does Irsay finally intervene and get Reich to stop going for it on 4th down? Does he even want to? This is coaching malpractice. Not sure I've seen a team that had to fight harder to overcome both its coach and the opponent. 

I don't think I've seen a team actively try to lose a game as much as KC did today, 

Hell the **** yah. Looking forward to another year of df Reich. If there is a decision to be mad ehe will make the wrong decision. But hey the talent on the roster will make up for his stupidity. 8-8-1 here we come! Winning a super bowl is overrated

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

When does Irsay finally intervene and get Reich to stop going for it on 4th down? Does he even want to? This is coaching malpractice. Not sure I've seen a team that had to fight harder to overcome both its coach and the opponent. 

dude is too high to know what is going on, 

I guess we should be happy about the win, but it wasn't really an inspiring win. Reich is killing this team. Ryan looks like a guy who is no longer confident in his arm, and probably with good reason. The O-line is a joke. We have a really good guard but don’t really feel the need to get a decent LT. At some point, you have to wonder how long Ballard and Reich are allowed to keep sticking to their plan before someone starts questioning the plan.
But hey, let’s have a .500 season and see what washed up QB and LT we can get and talk up in the off season. Those are throwaway positions because we have a great guard. 

17 hours ago, bigrod said:

I guess we should be happy about the win, but it wasn't really an inspiring win. Reich is killing this team. Ryan looks like a guy who is no longer confident in his arm, and probably with good reason. The O-line is a joke. We have a really good guard but don’t really feel the need to get a decent LT. At some point, you have to wonder how long Ballard and Reich are allowed to keep sticking to their plan before someone starts questioning the plan.
But hey, let’s have a .500 season and see what washed up QB and LT we can get and talk up in the off season. Those are throwaway positions because we have a great guard. 

I mean all the issues are still issues. Our O-Line sucks, they aren't even good at run blocking, and they haven't ever been good in pass protection with Reich.  We're 3 weeks in and the communication with them and Ryan is horrid. Our wide outs outside of Pittman all suck. why is Campbell still on this roster. Our tight ends are horrid at everything besides maybe 1 or 2 catches a game. The defense is fine. 

Did people see our locker room after the game? Dudes were acting like they won the super bowl. Its not a good look, thats the crap I expect from the Jags or Texans

16 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Jags are creaming the Chargers in LA. Too early to say they might be more of a threat than we'd like to acknowledge? They might have the best QB in the division. 

Almost like investing in a young QB is how you become successful for more than a year. Tua been tearing it up in Miami this year. 

Also probably helps that they have an actual coach. My favorite Urban Meyer story from his stint as their head coach is after a game he said something along the lines of he didn't know every game was like playing Bama. Or the gifs of Tebow trying to play tight end, they were pretty hilarious

Hines is still a top 10 paid running back right? 22 touches through 3 weeks. Thats only about 120 touches for the whole year. For a top 10 [aid guy at his position

Edit: He is the 11th highest paid at the position. 

I thought Pryor sucked. Then I got to see Reiman play LT. Man, dude is nowhere ready for the NFL. Dude is 25 so not like he is a kid. 

And another turnover by the turnover machine Matt Ryan

This past week, I watched a lot of highlights from Colts games in the 2000's. You know why those teams were so good? They didn't beat themselves. They didn't give their opponents extra chances. When they were given chances, they usually cashed in. Preparation was never an issue for those teams. They weren't perfect, but they rarely came out flat and they got stuff done. The garbage we're seeing now couldn't be any more different. Tony Dungy wouldn't play a lineman who held 3 times in one half. His teams wouldn't have a guy offsides on a kickoff. They probably wouldn't have to kick a 50 yard field goal after reaching the red zone. Still cracks me up when I hear people complain those teams underachieved or didn't win enough. 

Matt Ryan already led the league in fumbles, so he added a fumble and 2 interceptions (so far) tonight.  Holy **** he's garbage. 

At least when Andrew Luck was having his many many 3+ turnover games he'd mix some touchdowns in there too.  

It's time for Sam Ehlinger

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Matt Ryan already led the league in fumbles, so he added a fumble and 2 interceptions (so far) tonight.  Holy **** he's garbage. 

At least when Andrew Luck was having his many many 3+ turnover games he'd mix some touchdowns in there too.  

It's time for Sam Ehlinger

Please tell me you aren’t one of the guys who think Sam can be a starting QB. 

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Please tell me you aren’t one of the guys who think Sam can be a starting QB. 

I think the Matt Ryan experiment is a disaster.  It's time to see what he can bring because we need to know if he's a viable quarterback for the future or if he isn't