Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

1 hour ago, Josh said:

The winner of this year's Super Bowl had a qb in his first year with the team.  The winner of last year's Super Bowl had a qb in his first year with the team.

Maybe football isn't for you anymore.

lol. we are seriously comparing carson wentz to Matthew Stafford and tom brady?

6 minutes ago, wirenuts said:

He's not comparing QB's. He's saying the Rams and Bucs had Super Bowl caliber rosters except for the QB position, which they were able to fix and ultimately win a Super Bowl right away. Needing a QB doesn't mean your roster is bad or poorly managed. Colts fans are just used to not having to think about it for two decades. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

He's not comparing QB's. He's saying the Rams and Bucs had Super Bowl caliber rosters except for the QB position, which they were able to fix and ultimately win a Super Bowl right away. Needing a QB doesn't mean your roster is bad or poorly managed. Colts fans are just used to not having to think about it for two decades. 

yes colts fans are extremely spoiled. I think the colts have a few more holes than just QB and I dont see a whole lot of QBS this year that are an obvious upgrade from wentz considering what they are gonna have to pay to get them. The WR room isn't deep, the last two teams had weapons at WR1-3 and a good to great TE

7 hours ago, wirenuts said:

No, I'm comparing him to Jameis Winston and Jared Goff.  Two quarterbacks who underperformed on good teams.  Two quarterbacks who got replaced and watched their old teams win the Super Bowl.  Maybe I'm even comparing him to Carson Wentz, a qb in Philadelphia who got injured, then watched his team win the Super Bowl.

But really what I was doing was pointing out that the last couple Super Bowl champions did swap quarterbacks and win despite the comment that swapping quarterbacks is not how successful franchises win.  

15 hours ago, Josh said:

The winner of this year's Super Bowl had a qb in his first year with the team.  The winner of last year's Super Bowl had a qb in his first year with the team.

Maybe football isn't for you anymore.

Excuse me? 

7 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Excuse me? 

It's the new way.  It's the way the last couple Super Bowl Champions have done it.  It's the way a lot of teams and qbs do it anymore.  Adapt or die.

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's the new way.  It's the way the last couple Super Bowl Champions have done it.  It's the way a lot of teams and qbs do it anymore.  Adapt or die.

Your sample size is 2. Gonna go ahead and try to be secure at the most important position on the field rather than trading assets every off season to get another guy. 

N

8 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Your sample size is 2. Gonna go ahead and try to be secure at the most important position on the field rather than trading assets every off season to get another guy. 

N

The most recent two.  Your sample size is from the 20 teens. 

By the way, this aged well lol:

Ar what point are you gonna realize that Reichand Wentz are tied together. It’s not which one do we keep it’s do we keep both - KingPG21 

2 hours ago, Josh said:

The most recent two.  Your sample size is from the 20 teens. 

By the way, this aged well lol:

Ar what point are you gonna realize that Reichand Wentz are tied together. It’s not which one do we keep it’s do we keep both - KingPG21 

My sample size is literally the entire history of the league

Cool. Wanna go through everything you've written thats been wrong, Its the internet, talking to some dude you'll never talk to in person.Gloating about being right to them is weird.

He ain't done yet.

These past two months I’ve realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands. That time will come. But it’s not now. I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I’m coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa. Unfinished business LFG

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
He ain't done yet.

These past two months I’ve realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands. That time will come. But it’s not now. I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I’m coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa. Unfinished business LFG

What's the point in retiring if you're going to come back roughly 5 minutes later?  He was still one of the top QBs in the league last year but no one holds off father time forever. 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

What's the point in retiring if you're going to come back roughly 5 minutes later?  He was still one of the top QBs in the league last year but no one holds off father time forever. 

The only record he hasn't broken yet. Most fake retirements, I think Favre had like 15.

10 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

The only record he hasn't broken yet. Most fake retirements, I think Favre had like 15.

I think some of Favre's lasted longer.  Heck, Antonio Brown can go without being a head case longer than Brady was retired for, barely.

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Lol, whatever. Hope this means his final game goes horribly. 

Let today be a lesson to put no stock in his “final game.” Someone spent $500k in an auction earlier today on the football thrown in Brady’s last TD pass. Brady unretired a few hours after the auction. Link