Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

23 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not doing something versus being forced to do something that is brand new technology with no long term longitudinal studies is a gigantic chasm. Not drinking beer at a playground will never harm me. In the other case, it can’t be guaranteed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, these rules may not be completely comparable,  it was used as a point.  Following rules whose consequences can affect those around you who count on you.  Sacrificing for the team.  Law and order.

Pretty horrid performance so far. Wentx looks like a practice squad QB. Both our tackles losing every rep they're out there. Defense shouldn't be expected to be out there 40 minutes; But they're gonna have to be with how bad our offense has been 

9 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

About to be 9-7. Reich is such a bad coach that has been gifted some great rosters, an extremely weak division, and generally speaking a weak scbedule. Dude needs to be fired

You think it's Reich, I think it's Wentz.  Either way, this is frustrating 

Should be 11-6 at worst, if anything should be 12-4 or 13-3, But nice guy Reich continues to suck as a football coach. But he'll be back next year cause he is just such a good guy. Didn't we do this dumbass dance with Chuck before finally getting rid of him

Just now, Josh said:

Reich is a horrible play caller. Team came out completely unprepared to play today. Also Wentz is his guy. Yah its Reich. Dude has never won anything of signifigance but he continues to get a passes for being such a nice guy and being Tony Dungy;s suggestion. Guy is Chuck with a better roster

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Game management is beyond bad. 

I don't know what he is good at. But he is the guy Dungy suggested to Irsay, and Irsay loves Dungy so he won't force Ballard to get rid of him

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I haven’t been impressed with Reich all year. He is so uneven. I’m not a Wentz fan either, but I will say the line wasn’t giving him much time to throw. The pass protection was horrendous.

Having said that, Reich doesn’t seem to ever want to step on the throat when he gets a lead and always goes super conservative. I agree that he has cost this team 2-3 wins this year.

18 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I don't know what he is good at. But he is the guy Dungy suggested to Irsay, and Irsay loves Dungy so he won't force Ballard to get rid of him

He gets the most out of his QB's. Wentz, Brissett, Luck, and Foles are all examples of this. This team is limited by it's lack of elite play makers at TE and WR. He is great at scripting the plays for the start of the game but things go down hill from there. Polian was also involved in getting Reich hired after the guy from NE left Ballard standing at the alter. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

He gets the most out of his QB's. Wentz, Brissett, Luck, and Foles are all examples of this. This team is limited by it's lack of elite play makers at TE and WR. He is great at scripting the plays for the start of the game but things go down hill from there. Polian was also involved in getting Reich hired after the guy from NE left Ballard standing at the alter. 

I agree with this. I generally like Reich.  Wentz is average at best and our WR corps are rough.  Thanks to Taylor we’ve had a decent season. 

People are actually comparing Reich to Pagano?! Yikes. Reich is 1000000x the coach Pagano was. Reich has had a different QB every year so far. Should have won the playoff game in Buffalo last year. Yes, he has some bad decisions at times. But he's extremely limited at WR behind Pittman. Wentz has been up and down most of the season. Reich has done a pretty damn good job with what he's been handed. 

Not Colts, but still AFC South related -- I heard Sean Salisbury talking Friday on the Dan Patrick Show. Salisbury is based in Houston and guessed five draft picks -- he suggested three first-rounders and two second-rounders or three first-rounders, a second-rounder and a third-rounder -- would be necessary to get Deshaun Watson from the Texans. 

I say he's insane. Who in their right mind would trade that much for a QB who not only sat out a year, but did so mainly because he's facing multiple allegations of sexual assault? He's damaged goods -- in a huge way. There's no way I see that happening. If the Texans even get two first-rounders for Watson, I'd be surprised.  

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not Colts, but still AFC South related -- I heard Sean Salisbury talking Friday on the Dan Patrick Show. Salisbury is based in Houston and guessed five draft picks -- he suggested three first-rounders and two second-rounders or three first-rounders, a second-rounder and a third-rounder -- would be necessary to get Deshaun Watson from the Texans. 

I say he's insane. Who in their right mind would trade that much for a QB who not only sat out a year, but did so mainly because he's facing multiple allegations of sexual assault? He's damaged goods -- in a huge way. There's no way I see that happening. If the Texans even get two first-rounders for Watson, I'd be surprised.  

I don't disagree. But he's still a top 5 QB when he plays. He's a dual threat QB which today's NFL loves. I wouldn't give up that much for him, especially after his legal troubles, if they happen to be true. Some QB needy teams would love to have him. But I don't think the Texans will get what they're asking for.