Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

Fantastic win!  Fantastic two in a row really.  We beat up the #1 seed Patriots, then went into division leader Arizona and won without our entire offensive line and a very selfish defensive Pro Bowler.  I'm fairly indifferent on Reich, but that was a fantastic coaching job over the last 2 games.  

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Fantastic win!  Fantastic two in a row really.  We beat up the #1 seed Patriots, then went into division leader Arizona and won without our entire offensive line and a very selfish defensive Pro Bowler.  I'm fairly indifferent on Reich, but that was a fantastic coaching job over the last 2 games.  

How is Leonard selfish? Also nice dig calling him a pro bowler and not all pro is 

3 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

How is Leonard selfish? Also nice dig calling him a pro bowler and not all pro is 

That's a label from a certain group when you don't see things how they do or practice what they think you should.   A few here are famous for it.

The Colts are very solid and will be just fine come playoff time.  Josh and the rest will be cheering like hell for the "selfish" players.  It's not really a "stand" they take, as much a making a political statement that fits the moment.   

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

That's a label from a certain group when you don't see things how they do or practice what they think you should.   A few here are famous for it.

The Colts are very solid and will be just fine come playoff time.  Josh and the rest will be cheering like hell for the "selfish" players.  It's not really a "stand" they take, as much a making a political statement that fits the moment.   

Lol.  You can let me answer or you can make up your own theory about my answer that paints me in the negative light that you prefer.  Interesting that you chose the second.  Not surprising, but interesting.

13 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I didn't mean to dig on him by calling him a Pro Bowler rather than All Pro.  Honestly I didn't put much thought into it.  I'm usually a big Leonard fan.  He's a great player who is fun to watch.  How is he selfish?  Because he isn't doing everything possible to stay on the field for his team.

I don't care about anybody's opinion of the vaccination rule.  There are a million rules that people have their own thoughts on.  But a rule is a rule.  Do all you can to play for your team rather than sitting for two games.  Here's an example that isn't about covid and vaccinations because that subject seems to trigger some people so much.

I drive a company car.  If I get into an accident, even if it is not my fault, I instantly get drug tested.  The rule is that you cannot have any controlled substances in your system or you're instantly terminated.  

Now, I think that making Marijuana illegal is ridiculous.  Imo it should be legalized and taxed.  But there's a rule in place by my company that will result in termination.  

Should I complain that the rule is ridiculous and smoke weed anyway?  If I did, I'd be selfish for putting my wants ahead of my family's needs.  That would make me selfish.  Instead, I put my family's needs first and don't indulge in the sweet world of thc.

That's why I called him selfish.  Not because of the insult from the troll.  Because of this.  His team needs him on the field but he took a risk for himself that will cause him to sit two games in crunch time.

I still like him though to be clear.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So correct me if I am wrong but Colts are in with one more win no matter what correct?

Almost certainly yes, but not 100%. 

1. A win in week 17 over Raiders officially clinches no matter what for Colts.

However, for a win over the Jags in week 18 to clinch a playoff spot with a loss to the Raiders, Indy would need:

1. The Ravens or Patriots to lose in week 17 or 18,

2. Raiders to lose in week 18

3. Ravens to win out and the Bengals lose out.

If Raiders go 2-0, Ravens 2-0, Patriots 2-0 and Bengals at least 1-1, an Indy win over Jacksonville still leaves Colts on outside looking in.  

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Unvaccinated Carson Wentz was just placed on the Covid-19 list

Awesome. I always knew it was a matter of when, not if. Surprised it took this many games, honestly. I hope he and the others who missed the Arizona game are proud of themselves. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Awesome. I always knew it was a matter of when, not if. Surprised it took this many games, honestly. I hope he and the others who missed the Arizona game are proud of themselves. 

And the hordes of vaccinated folks getting Covid as well.  The “When, not if” mindset was always going to be the case regardless of the “vaccine”.  At this rate we may still get herd immunity in spite of the vaccine. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And the hordes of vaccinated folks getting Covid as well.  The “When, not if” mindset was always going to be the case regardless of the “vaccine”.  At this rate we may still get herd immunity in spite of the vaccine. 

Agree with all this although I believe there will be less deaths because of the vaccine.  Regardless, it's still a 2 game loss rather than 1 game because he wasn't vaccinated per league rules.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Agree with all this although I believe there will be less deaths because of the vaccine.  Regardless, it's still a 2 game loss rather than 1 game because he wasn't vaccinated per league rules.

Fair.  Do any of us think Covid will get the best of Wentz?  The 2 game vs 1 game conversation is a whole other conversation.  What’s the justification for that? 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fair.  Do any of us think Covid will get the best of Wentz?  The 2 game vs 1 game conversation is a whole other conversation.  What’s the justification for that? 

The big decision makers in the NFL ivory tower said so.  Wentz and others decided to take that risk, now they're being held accountable to their decision.  Unfortunately their team is paying for the individual decision too.

Just now, Josh said:

The big decision makers in the NFL ivory tower said so.  Wentz and others decided to take that risk, now they're being held accountable to their decision.  Unfortunately their team is paying for the individual decision too.

Exactly,  you could argue if more were like Wentz, personal choice and freedoms would be more respected.  Goes both ways. It’s a shame it costs his team without a rational justification but that is how you force people with peer pressure and other pressures.  It isn’t right. It never was. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Exactly,  you could argue if more were like Wentz, personal choice and freedoms would be more respected.  Goes both ways. It’s a shame it costs his team without a rational justification but that is how you force people with peer pressure and other pressures.  It isn’t right. It never was. 

This is where we differ.  I dislike the rule that I can't drink beer at the playground, but I'm going to respect the rule rather than try to fight it.  Especially if others rely on me to follow the rules so they don't get punished for my decision.

This is where we differ.  I dislike the rule that I can't drink beer at the playground, but I'm going to respect the rule rather than try to fight it.  Especially if others rely on me to follow the rules so they don't get punished for my decision.

Not doing something versus being forced to do something that is brand new technology with no long term longitudinal studies is a gigantic chasm. Not drinking beer at a playground will never harm me. In the other case, it can’t be guaranteed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I used to hate hearing people talk about the Patriots, Tom Brady and BB constantly. I'd now take that non-stop over hearing anything about Covid and/or vaccines. Never been over two topics more in my entire life and the fact that it is so intersected with one of my favorite releases, sports, makes me even more miserable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk