Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

I have a low opinion of Jim Irsay and then he goes and does something like this and I have to raise my opinion level.  The Irsay family will give IU $3 million for a new research institute to examine the stigma around mental health issues.  

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/news/local/2021/12/08/irsays-give-indiana-university-3-million-mental-health-stigma-institute/6432437001/

On 12/8/2021 at 2:51 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I have a low opinion of Jim Irsay and then he goes and does something like this and I have to raise my opinion level.  The Irsay family will give IU $3 million for a new research institute to examine the stigma around mental health issues.  

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/news/local/2021/12/08/irsays-give-indiana-university-3-million-mental-health-stigma-institute/6432437001/

How do you have a low opinion of Irsay? He does so much for the community and is an absolutely fantastic owner. 

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Damn, I had Urban Meyer lasting 14 NFL games in the pool. 

For whoever had 13, you're a winner!

What's next? Back to Columbus when Ryan Day goes to the NFL -- or is his reputation shot there as well?

Urban could've been fired 3 weeks ago and had a bidding war with LSU, USC, and Florida followed by Oklahoma and ND if those schools made the same decisions without Urban in the mix. Now I guess he goes back to FOX with his tail between his legs.

40 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Urban could've been fired 3 weeks ago and had a bidding war with LSU, USC, and Florida followed by Oklahoma and ND if those schools made the same decisions without Urban in the mix. Now I guess he goes back to FOX with his tail between his legs.

What a terrible fall back plan

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

He's pretty toxic right now.  I bet he stays off camera until next season except for a positive PR stunt by has agent in a couple months

He's pretty toxic right now.  I bet he stays off camera until next season except for a positive PR stunt by has agent in a couple months
Yeah I was thinking next September, not for the handful of bowls Fox covers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Yeah I was thinking next September, not for the handful of bowls Fox covers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh gotcha.  I thought you meant NFL studio with Fox.  

Pittman getting ejected is an absolute joke. Patriots have been trying to instigate stuff allnight. Puttman didn't even do anything. Gotta love the Patriots though. Getting their ***** kicked so just try to fight the other team. You know the NFL has your back

Saw a clip from one of the idiots that ESPN employees to talk football saying the Pats were just gonna dominate. Seemed like the typical East coast guy who doesn't realize there are other games going on outside of whoever NE is playing

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

The Colts blowing this game would pretty much sum up my sports fandom of the past few years. 

Since they (and the Hoosiers) won, does that signify a new era of success for your teams?

Passing game was very disappointing but the defense run game and coaching were great. Switching to man coverage on our side of the 50 was pretty effective. Resisting most of the urges to pass and run instead were obviously telling. Big win

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

With the Colts win last night, odds are very good that they make the playoffs.  Their most difficult game left is against Arizona...who is currently getting throttled by the Lions.  Yes, you read that right.  I have no idea what's going on, I just got home, but the Lions are whooping them.  

Just make them playoffs baby!  The AFC is wide open

19 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Pittman getting ejected is an absolute joke. Patriots have been trying to instigate stuff allnight. Puttman didn't even do anything. Gotta love the Patriots though. Getting their ***** kicked so just try to fight the other team. You know the NFL has your back

I mean, it's smart by the Pats, honestly. They know they can do whatever, whenever they want.  

I know Wentz hasn't been good recently. But man, Tannehill is awful. Tennessee has the talent around them to compete, but they really screwed up trusting him because he had one year where he didn't suck