Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

Jim Irsay has been trying to build the Colts brand in St Louis since the Rams left. Really tried. And CBS refuses to cooperate in any way. Today, with the Chiefs on Monday night and the Colts playing an important game against the Titans, what game is being shown the St Louis market? That would be Pittsburgh-Cleveland. Gotta drive him nuts. 

I’m getting Pitt-Cleveland in Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What exactly was the offensive game plan today. Cause it ******* sucked. We get up 14-0. Never in desparation mode until the final 2 minutes. Also we come into the game with only 4 active wide outs, and one gets injured, but Reich still thinks its a good idea to throw every down. Reich is so bad on Sundays. Has been since day 1 and hasn;t ever improved. Wild card and lose in the first round is the ceiling every year with him running the show

You remember late last year when Hines was a legit threat. Now he is just a guy. Reich has zero clue how to get the most out of his players, He just stumbles into some stuff. And guys like JT and Pittman make great things happen. 

2 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

You remember late last year when Hines was a legit threat. Now he is just a guy. Reich has zero clue how to get the most out of his players, He just stumbles into some stuff. And guys like JT and Pittman make great things happen. 

I don’t know why he’s not playing slot wr right now. They gave him that big contract and he’s barely playing 

6 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I don’t know why he’s not playing slot wr right now. They gave him that big contract and he’s barely playing 

Idk. We use him like he is Wilkins, ir makes zero sense. He was kind of used like a slot wide out late last year. kind of. He was actially used creactiely out of the back field.

Also can anyone else return punts? All Hines does is call for a fair catch or lose 5 yards. 

This game was so frustrating

On 10/31/2021 at 6:50 PM, IUfan_Charlie said:

Well Mack is still a Colt.  So yeah, play Hines at the slot and have Marlon be the prime back-up for JT.  

8 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

The colts defense is bad man. They got destroyed by a practice squad journeyman. No pass rush, awful secondary. Eberflus has to go and we gotta get some real corners. Taylor is a superstar 

They better figure out things on the defensive side soon.  

9 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

The colts defense is bad man. They got destroyed by a practice squad journeyman. No pass rush, awful secondary. Eberflus has to go and we gotta get some real corners. Taylor is a superstar 

The pass rush looks better at times but I'm starting to think it's biggest issue is the terrible coverage and scheme in the secondary not giving them time to get to the QB. The secondary is also not getting any better this year so that'll be an offseason thing to fix. The only thing that could change is the scheme and that's not happening. 

18 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

For the most part I think its schematic. The scheme is a joke. On the front 7 we have pretty good talent. Buckner and Leonard are all Pro level guys. Okereke has made pretty big strides this year. Paye has moments. Stewart is a great second interior guy. Odeyingbo has already shown signs of being a good player. Its just our scheme does nothing to cause oppoing QBs to hold onto the ball. 

I still say our secondary sucks. Outside of Blackmon has Ballard hit on any of his picks in the secondary? And he has injury concerns so yah. 

'

Did last night give anyone extra faith in the coaching staff? Reich still sucks at calling plays. He has just been blessed with a really talented offense. Eberflus sucks. Brady is a guy? I just have zero faith in these guys to lead any roster anywhere

13 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Did last night give anyone extra faith in the coaching staff? Reich still sucks at calling plays. He has just been blessed with a really talented offense. Eberflus sucks. Brady is a guy? I just have zero faith in these guys to lead any roster anywhere

From day one Reich's decision making abilities have had me scratching my head.

5 hours ago, Rico said:

From day one Reich's decision making abilities have had me scratching my head.

He always just calls it analytics. But, like if you always go for it, it stops being about analytics. You're just hyoer aggresive 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

He always just calls it analytics. But, like if you always go for it, it stops being about analytics. You're just hyoer aggresive 

Every once in a while it would be nice for him to be conservative.