Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

20 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

We took a QB........ We all know Reich won't ever start a game with 3 active QBs. So either Eason was a huge mistake. Or we

re drafting a QB to be on our practice squad? Which would make no sense. 

I might hate this draft 

Love it. It’s the Ron Wolf philosophy of QB lottery tickets. He believed in drafting late QB’s year after year if he thought they had starter traits. If they hit he had strong backups and they became trade assets. While he had Favre, he drafted Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks 4th rd or later. Then traded them all for, I believe, 2nd rd picks. You have a 6 invested in Ehlinger  and a 4 in Eason. If either develops, they become an asset. Personally, I hope he drafts a late rd QB every year. 

Do you guys want any of those guys? Fisher is fine I guess. Okung hasn't ever been good. And Villanueva is just old
As stated I like all 3 better than the alternative that is on the roster currently. I could also see them moving either Smith or Nelson to LT which I'd hate as well. Especially the Nelson part. I think Fisher is the best available option.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

We took a QB........ We all know Reich won't ever start a game with 3 active QBs. So either Eason was a huge mistake. Or we

re drafting a QB to be on our practice squad? Which would make no sense. 

I might hate this draft 

Definitely a weird one. Obviously have to see how it plays out the next couple years but there were some strange picks. Elhinger is more similar to Wentz than Eason is so maybe that’s who they want to backup. Idk. 

Solid draft overall. Addressed some key spots. Obviously we won't know about the kid from Vandy until later on. 

I dont think we could afford to have a highly drafted LT with the contracts we have coming up, right now.  Veteran for a year or two and go from there. 

I can see Elhinger having a package just for his running abilities, just like JB. SE is way more athletic that JB though. 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, Demo said:

Love it. It’s the Ron Wolf philosophy of QB lottery tickets. He believed in drafting late QB’s year after year if he thought they had starter traits. If they hit he had strong backups and they became trade assets. While he had Favre, he drafted Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks 4th rd or later. Then traded them all for, I believe, 2nd rd picks. You have a 6 invested in Ehlinger  and a 4 in Eason. If either develops, they become an asset. Personally, I hope he drafts a late rd QB every year. 

I have zero problem with it. Ehlinger could absolutely have a short yardage package involved as well. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I have zero problem with it. Ehlinger could absolutely have a short yardage package involved as well. 

As long as we don't pay him like we did Brisset

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Was there ever any doubt?  LOL

Super Bowl or bust!

This season is going to depend on Wentz. If he’s good again we will be very tough to beat. If he’s actually done we are in trouble. 

2 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

This season is going to depend on Wentz. If he’s good again we will be very tough to beat. If he’s actually done we are in trouble. 

I guess I don't understand why he would be done? Do QBs usually stop playing well when they're 28? 

I also don't understand why the national media hasn't mentioned: best 2 OL, top 3 WRs, top 2 TEs, and best RB all sat out the entire year or a lot of the season. 

Literally 2 years ago the guy was a MVP candidate. 

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess I don't understand why he would be done? Do QBs usually stop playing well when they're 28? 

I also don't understand why the national media hasn't mentioned: best 2 OL, top 3 WRs, top 2 TEs, and best RB all sat out the entire year or a lot of the season. 

Literally 2 years ago the guy was a MVP candidate. 

And Last year he was probably the worst starting QB in the league. Some guys just don’t last in the nfl. It happens. Maybe 2017 was the outlier. They won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles man. That was a great team. I don’t know how you could watch Wentz play the last couple years and not be concerned. He was horrific at points last year, poor supporting cast or not. Wentz is a big risk but we were desperate. It could definitely pan out still. We will see 

5 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

And Last year he was probably the worst starting QB in the league. Some guys just don’t last in the nfl. It happens. Maybe 2017 was the outlier. They won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles man. That was a great team. I don’t know how you could watch Wentz play the last couple years and not be concerned. He was horrific at points last year, poor supporting cast or not. Wentz is a big risk but we were desperate. It could definitely pan out still. We will see 

Literally the year before this one he was fantastic. 27TDs 7INTs 

14 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Carson performed under Reich with the Eagles, he will perform under Reich with the Colts.

Julio Jones wants out of Atlanta. Wish we knew for sure that Wentz was gonna be the guy. I'd be all down for trading for him. Not knowing for sure about Wentz makes it harder to part with assets you might need to get another QB

4 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Julio Jones wants out of Atlanta. Wish we knew for sure that Wentz was gonna be the guy. I'd be all down for trading for him. Not knowing for sure about Wentz makes it harder to part with assets you might need to get another QB

I just don’t think Ballard would ever make a move like this. Even if Wentz is the guy. Julio is special but he’s 32. 

1 hour ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I just don’t think Ballard would ever make a move like this. Even if Wentz is the guy. Julio is special but he’s 32. 

I doubt he would. But championship windows are so short. Age shouldn’t matter that much if you think it puts your team over the top 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

I doubt he would. But championship windows are so short. Age shouldn’t matter that much if you think it puts your team over the top 

Do you think Julio does that for us? I think we’ll be good this year but I don’t necessarily see a super bowl contender.