Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

On 4/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, KingPG21 said:

Xavier is fine to bring back. TY is washed, Irsay sucks, nostalgia and loyalty are dumb.

At this point why do people expect Ballard to do anything in free agency

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

What did we need to do in FA that we didn't? No DEs that really move the needle were available, and it's possible Turay or Bangou are the guy we need there... we got Wentz for a bag of chips, LT was never going to be addressed in FA. 

I will admit.. I did want another WR, but a couple of those WRs were WAYYY overpaid. Complaining about Ballard is absurd at best. 

I wasn't critical of him in free agency 

I like his approach. Guys are worth what he thinks they're worth. Not what another team thinks they are worth. 

12 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I wasn't critical of him in free agency 

I like his approach. Guys are worth what he thinks they're worth. Not what another team thinks they are worth. 

My apologies 

13 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I agree that Rhodes and Kenny are good CBs. But you need more than two good cbs. Maybe our young guys already on the roster will step up but you realistically need 4 quality cbs to be in good shape there imo. Rock was a bottom 20 cb graded by pff last year and tends to grab receivers for PI. TJ Carrie is a solid corner but not someone you want starting every down imo. Not to mention Rhodes only got signed for 1 more year. As far as draft misses: Malik Hooker, Banagu, Basham, Rock, and too early to tell on Turay and Campbell. Injuries play a part in some of these for sure. He has drafted well and I agree he’s a good gm but he has had some whiffs at DE and CB. The two most important spots on defense. 

Hooker wasn't a miss either, he had two MAJOR injuries to someone that needed his big time athleticism. I think PFF is junk. Turay another one with a major injury. Banogu can't be counted as a miss yet, they didn't really expect to get anything before now from him, he might be though. Don't really see that Rock is a miss either. 

Leonard, Nelson, Smith, Taylor, Hines, Willis, Blackmon, Glasgow, Pittman, Rodgers, Bobby O, Walker, Lewis, Adams, Franklin, Mack, Stewart.... theres so many more hits than misses and a higher % of hits than misses. He also understands its how many darts you get to throw at the board, hence why we get so many picks each year. 

So glad the draft is tonight. Been obnoxious hearing the same opinions on the same draft prospects for the last month every day of the week.

Kind of want Cosmi from Texas. Dude is an athletic freak for his position and size. The rest of our O-line is strong enough to let him grow into something special, theoretically speaking

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

So glad the draft is tonight. Been obnoxious hearing the same opinions on the same draft prospects for the last month every day of the week.

Kind of want Cosmi from Texas. Dude is an athletic freak for his position and size. The rest of our O-line is strong enough to let him grow into something special, theoretically speaking

I hope we can trade down x amount of picks, grab an extra pick or two.. and still get him. 

8 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I like the Kwity Paye pick. Edge was a huge need and he has huge upside. I understand wanting Darrisaw, and he would’ve been a good pick too but I think we will see a tackle in the second round. 

I wish the Colts had a couple 2nd round picks this year with the way some guys have fallen to the 2nd round. That said I think the Colts will get a pretty good tackle at 54. 

That pick doesn’t make sense to me. Especially coming off an Achilles. I think Ballard missed out on all the tackles and picked someone he think has upside. His track record of 2nd round DEs is abysmal... No clue who plays LT. I just don’t get it. 
Fisher or Villanueva at this point..... hopefully because if not then yikes

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Or Okung. I’ve heard rumors that Villanueva is heading to Baltimore after the draft when they get their comp picks. 

Paye pick seems good, Lack of real college production is a bit concerning. Guy was the college version of Turay. He got pressures but struggled to actually get home

Second pick was just so meh. 

12 hours ago, rcs29 said:

11 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Or Okung. I’ve heard rumors that Villanueva is heading to Baltimore after the draft when they get their comp picks. 

Do you guys want any of those guys? Fisher is fine I guess. Okung hasn't ever been good. And Villanueva is just old

16 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Do you guys want any of those guys? Fisher is fine I guess. Okung hasn't ever been good. And Villanueva is just old

I mean it’s that or Sam Tevi or Julien Davenport. There isn’t really a good option. 

15 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I’ve always admired Ballard’s strict adherence to his models and his perception of value. That being said, if Tevi or Davenport is the LT week 1, then this time it didn’t work. Of those 3, it’s gotta be Fisher, doesn’t it? 30 year old with an achilles is scary, but before he got hurt he was still a very solid guy. 

We took a QB........ We all know Reich won't ever start a game with 3 active QBs. So either Eason was a huge mistake. Or we

re drafting a QB to be on our practice squad? Which would make no sense. 

I might hate this draft