Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

1 hour ago, Magisterium said:

I'd rather try for Stafford--he at least has had some "elite" seasons before his injuries piled up. Darnold hasn't shown me much so far, and just putting him behind the Colts' OL doesn't guarantee his play will improve dramatically.

To me, he's essentially a more mobile Eason with less arm talent. Rather than give up draft capital for him and hope he "blossoms" w/ the Colts, I'd almost prefer to try to sign Fitzpatrick for a year and make Eason the starter-in-waiting. And maybe also sign one of the free agent OTs and use #21 on either a premier CB if one's there, or on one of the edge rushers who probably will be there.

What free agent LTs are out there?

17 hours ago, Josh said:

What free agent LTs are out there?

last I looked Trent Williams, Cam Robinson and Alejandro Villanueva were all UFAs who play left tackle

there are also some other guys who mostly play right tackle FWIW

7 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

News out of Detroit that both sides have agreed to part ways. Lions listening to offers for Stafford.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

sounds like the 49ers are already talking with the Lions' new GM about a trade for Stafford

Edited by Magisterium
sdfg

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I used to think it was the aura of coaching against Bill Belichick that made opposing coaches and teams screw up late in games. I'm now convinced it was actually Tom Brady the whole time. 

Kicking a field goal down 8 with 2 minutes left...no words. 

Absolutely insane call by their coach. How do you take the ball out of Aaron Rodgers’ hands on 4th and goal with a trip to the super bowl on the line?

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Absolutely insane call by their coach. How do you take the ball out of Aaron Rodgers’ hands on 4th and goal with a trip to the super bowl on the line?

makes me think the coach & management are still committed to replacing Rodgers (with Love, presumably) and maybe didn't even expect to be playing for a Super Bowl berth at the end of this covid "season" anyway

look for Rodgers to be on the trading block in the off-season

Edited by Magisterium
asdf

Was listening to JMV on the way home. He was talking to Zach Keedsr about the Colts. A dew tidbits from their convo

- The way Keeder talkes Jocoby wasn’t an option at QB unless every other option falls through. And talked a if though he doesn’t even expect him on the roster

- Eason had a good year. Whine the scenes. Had great feedback from his end of year interviews.

- New OC Marcus Brady worked a ton with Eason this past year. 

- S a a year or two before he’ll get the starting job or shot at it 

- Stafford. Weds to be priority 1

Stafford to the Rams for 2 future first, a third rounder, and Goff

i wanted Stafford but that is kind of steep. Late first round picks are still high picks. Also cheaper talent for a few years

Was listening to national sports talk radio. Some Rams fan called in that they should have just traded Goff straight up, and maybe the third rounder. Lol, 

Stafford to the Rams for 2 future first, a third rounder, and Goff

i wanted Stafford but that is kind of steep. Late first round picks are still high picks. Also cheaper talent for a few years

Was listening to national sports talk radio. Some Rams fan called in that they should have just traded Goff straight up, and maybe the third rounder. Lol, 

Thought it seemed steep at first too. Then realized that the second 1st rounder is probably a salary type dump/trade that happens in the NBA. Getting out of that Goff contract is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Can someone explain what the point of bringing back Brisset would be. We know he won’t add any wins, all he does is manage games, and he isn’t even that good at it. 

Would rather just throw Eason out there. If he is something, great we have something. If he ducks we get a high draft pick and better chance at a top young QB next year’s draft. With Brisset we go 8-8, still know nothing about the future at QB, and have a draft pick where we can’t get a top young QB

Marty Schottenheimer passed yesterday. I'm a Bears fan, so didn't have a rooting interest in the Browns, Chiefs, Chargers or Redskins. But I always admired Marty -- so as long as his teams weren't playing the Bears, I cheered for them.

Dan Snyder has made too many poor decisions to count, but I think one of his worst was firing Marty after one season because he became infatuated with Steve Spurrier. 

Alzheimer's sucks. 

And so it happened. Hopefully Reich and Wentz can find that magic. Also feel like this shows Ballard's belief in Reich being there for at least a few more seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

It’s been widely reported that Ballard isn’t one to break the bank which likely played into the Colts not getting Stafford. I’m ok with this trade. Didn’t break the bank and waste a bunch of 1st round picks and gives Reich an opportunity to work with Wentz again. Lots of upside and the Colts aren’t in the hole if it doesn’t completely work out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners