Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

24 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

So just ignoring the comments on Reich. Guess if you can’t defend them just ignore them 

You realize the irony of ignoring the Blankenship comment while saying this, right?

Ok so, in October of 2018, Reich went for it on 4th down on his own side of the field in overtime against Houston.  We didn't make it which put Houston in field goal range and lost us the game.  I was furious.  Reich lost us that game.

I'm not sure he's cost us any others.  I don't see the issues you say.  Imo we outperformed expectations this year. 

He's an aggressive coach.  We've made the playoffs two of his first 3 years.  It's not like he's giving us Archie Miller results.

If he went for the field goal in this game on 4th down, I have zero confidence that Blankenship would have made it.  That bum missed a quarter of his kicks this year, one of the worst in the league.  (Seriously, how can you call that solid???)

The Colts were supposed to lose by a touchdown today.  Instead it was 3 points that came down to the last play.  If Turay had not jumped offsides, we would have won.  If Blankenship had not missed his kick it would have gone to overtime. 

Is that enough defending?  How can you defend 25% failure rate as solid?

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

You realize the irony of ignoring the Blankenship comment while saying this, right?

Ok so, in October of 2018, Reich went for it on 4th down on his own side of the field in overtime against Houston.  We didn't make it which put Houston in field goal range and lost us the game.  I was furious.  Reich lost us that game.

I'm not sure he's cost us any others.  I don't see the issues you say.  Imo we outperformed expectations this year. 

He's an aggressive coach.  We've made the playoffs two of his first 3 years.  It's not like he's giving us Archie Miller results.

If he went for the field goal in this game on 4th down, I have zero confidence that Blankenship would have made it.  That bum missed a quarter of his kicks this year, one of the worst in the league.  (Seriously, how can you call that solid???)

The Colts were supposed to lose by a touchdown today.  Instead it was 3 points that came down to the last play.  If Turay had not jumped offsides, we would have won.  If Blankenship had not missed his kick it would have gone to overtime. 

Is that enough defending?  How can you defend 25% failure rate as solid?

Nope.  Going aggressive in that situation made no sense. Team was 2/5 on red zone trips for the game due to Reich and his poss poor play calling in the red zone, which was an issue all year. 

Blakenship made a field goal earlier in the game, but I guess that doesn’t count because why again? 

Can you stop bringing up Archie as a comparison? Your comparing the results of a professional football coach with a college basketball coach. It’s a horrible comparison they are in completely different positions. I know it’s your dumb ******* shtick to rag on Archie all the time but it anywhere close to a good comparison and ducking annoying in a Colts thread. 

Also any other year in NFL history the Colts do not make the playoffs. League added a team,  

But do you see the irony in you ignoring Blankenship's 25% failure rate?  I guess if you can't defend it, just ignore it (and call it solid)

Dude flat out sucks.  If he made his kick we're in OT

13 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Nope.  Going aggressive in that situation made no sense. Team was 2/5 on red zone trips for the game due to Reich and his poss poor play calling in the red zone, which was an issue all year. 

Blakenship made a field goal earlier in the game, but I guess that doesn’t count because why again? 

Can you stop bringing up Archie as a comparison? Your comparing the results of a professional football coach with a college basketball coach. It’s a horrible comparison they are in completely different positions. I know it’s your dumb ******* shtick to rag on Archie all the time but it anywhere close to a good comparison and ducking annoying in a Colts thread. 

Also any other year in NFL history the Colts do not make the playoffs. League added a team,  

Who said Bum Blankenship's made field goal doesn't count?  What??  Those are your words.  I'm just focusing on how consistently bad he is.  And how you said his terrible results are solid.

As for coaches, yes I'm focusing on results.   It doesn't matter if it's lacrosse or toddlywinks.  How can one who underperformed consistently be ok while one who makes the playoffs more often than not bad?

And if ragging on Archie's underperformance is a dumb @$$ shtick, what is your dumb @$$ shtick ragging on a largely successful Reich?

Reich is fine but should consider giving up play calling duties, Blankenship does in fact suck and Rivers is an over-the-hill underachiever. Colts need to get a younger QB that can take them to the SB while the window is still open. Wonder what Andrew Luck is up to.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I don't mean to make light of illnesses, but he resigned from jobs three times in the past 10 years or so because of health issues. How long does he stay here? Obviously, a great coach, but if you're the Jags, buyer beware ... 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Didn't see the Packers/Rams game, what was with all the 2 point conversion attempts? 

Packers holder botched the hold on their second touchdown, just kind of handed it to the kicker. He kind of got taken down pretty hard too. Next one Packers we’re trying to go up 17 rather than 16. And the owne by the Rams they were trying to get it to 7 rather than 8