Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

1) I think Ballard should consider trading for a difference maker on offense now to help out Brissett.
2) I think Colts still win the AFC South.
3) Fans are taking the heat for booing Luck but they were in shock and probably drunk. Whoever leaked that report to Schefter during the game and for him to report it is what caused the whole thing to be a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So I think officially cutting Peyton Manning has to be viewed as a huge failure now. 
Luck only played 2 seasons after manning retired. 
Had they hired competent people and traded Luck they could have rebuilt under Manning and attempted to win another super bowl with him. 

Or why didn’t they just retain Manning through the remainder of his contract. Let Luck sit a year or two then turn over the reigns. Something I truly never understood was cutting an All-time great to let a rookie start. I realize it’s a bunch of money but Luck wouldn’t have been taking those hits. This may be a completely different story. Best of luck to Andrew, part of me thinks this isn’t the end for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Manning would have been carried off in a stretcher playing behind the o-line the Colts put together in Luck’s early seasons. The team couldn’t afford Manning’s salary either. The organization had no idea Luck would retire at 29. They finally assembled a good roster for him just as he was entering his prime.

Or they could have just fielded a good oline like competent teams do

Manning would have been carried off in a stretcher playing behind the o-line the Colts put together in Luck’s early seasons. The team couldn’t afford Manning’s salary either. The organization had no idea Luck would retire at 29. They finally assembled a good roster for him just as he was entering his prime.

Release Dwight Freeney and restructure Manning’s contract. Manning has been playing behind an average to bad o-line his last few years as a colt regardless. Freeney was released the falling season anyways. Not like Grigson did anything with the Manning money to assemble a roster. Difference between not having the money and not wanting to pay him.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Many many pages ago, I commented on the number of games Luck had already missed due to injuries and posed the question was he too fragile to be an NFL quarterback.  Following last night's blockbuster announcement CBS Sports summarized his NFL injury history and again, to me he's too fragile for the NFL.   

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-retires-lets-take-a-look-at-colts-quarterbacks-injury-history-in-wake-of-shocking-decision/

And you were right.  A few years ago I suggested that the Colts trade him and get a boatload in return.  I was never sold on him being worth as much as teams were willing to give up for him.  I was called stupid by countless posters.  It was about the time I was also called dumb for saying Trent Richardson was terrible.

As it turns out, maybe I knew what I was talking about and the name callers don't. 

Release Dwight Freeney and restructure Manning’s contract. Manning has been playing behind an average to bad o-line his last few years as a colt regardless. Freeney was released the falling season anyways. Not like Grigson did anything with the Manning money to assemble a roster. Difference between not having the money and not wanting to pay him.

The problem is that nobody knew if Manning would play again for sure at the time. They had a quarterback in the draft that almost every talent evaluator was saying was the best since Elway. Hindsight is a heck of a thing but what your suggesting was never a possibility because Luck was always going to be a day 1 starter for any franchise that drafted him.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

The problem is that nobody knew if Manning would play again for sure at the time. They had a quarterback in the draft that almost every talent evaluator was saying was the best since Elway. Hindsight is a heck of a thing but what your suggesting was never a possibility because Luck was always going to be a day 1 starter for any franchise that drafted him.

And yet they wasted luck by letting him get murdered. Should have traded him to get an o line to see if Manning has anything left 

And you were right.  A few years ago I suggested that the Colts trade him and get a boatload in return.  I was never sold on him being worth as much as teams were willing to give up for him.  I was called stupid by countless posters.  It was about the time I was also called dumb for saying Trent Richardson was terrible.

As it turns out, maybe I knew what I was talking about and the name callers don't. 

I don’t recall anyone saying you were stupid. Let alone calling you dumb. That would not have been aloud and was partially when I was still a mod. Some when the new mods came on. Maybe you have a problem with people disagreeing/discussing with you and take it as them calling you stupid or dumb. Seems you look a lot into posts and try and interpret how you feel they think. Disagreements are what make sites like these what they are. If you have a problem with people disagreeing with you all of the time it says more about you than them. Which you do.

Edit: I for one can come across strong when I respond. I know this. I understand when some can get defensive towards my post. You just have to be self aware of what’s going on and understand when you feel everyone is against you its probably time to look in the mirror whether or not you feel you are right. It’s easier said than done. Hell I go at people all of the time, but sometimes when you are right you are still wrong.

Because I love to see you guys get all fired up about it.  

I chuckled out loud at this. Not because I’m pro-DD or anti-DD, I honestly don’t think of the guy outside of when I’m watching a game he’s doing color for. And when I do, he’s good.

I chuckled at this because, even though I don’t know OF from Adam, this was a funny comment back to an attempted bite.

It’s a sad day for Colts fans. The timing is tough, but I’ll never begrudge someone for making a decision to preserve their long term health.

When healthy, Luck was one of the best QBs in the league. Maybe the Colts should have invested more in the line to keep him healthy, or maybe his body just couldn’t withstand the grind of football... either way the question is moot now.

Andrew Luck has always been a great teammate, a role model, and most importantly a kind person to everyone he encountered. I think he’ll continue to do great things outside of football. I wish him nothing but the best.

25 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don’t recall anyone saying you were stupid. Let alone calling you dumb. That would not have been aloud and was partially when I was still a mod. Some when the new mods came on. Maybe you have a problem with people disagreeing/discussing with you and take it as them calling you stupid or dumb. Seems you look a lot into posts and try and interpret how you feel they think. Disagreements are what make sites like these what they are. If you have a problem with people disagreeing with you all of the time it says more about you than them. Which you do.

Edit: I for one can come across strong when I respond. I know this. I understand when some can get defensive towards my post. You just have to be self aware of what’s going on and understand when you feel everyone is against you its probably time to look in the mirror whether or not you feel you are right. It’s easier said than done. Hell I go at people all of the time, but sometimes when you are right you are still wrong.

To the contrary, I enjoy an intelligent discussion.  I don't see any value in name calling.

You don't remember it, but it happened.  Not that it really matters so I won't harp on it.  I'm just enjoying being right :103:

21 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I chuckled out loud at this. Not because I’m pro-DD or anti-DD, I honestly don’t think of the guy outside of when I’m watching a game he’s doing color for. And when I do, he’s good.

I chuckled at this because, even though I don’t know OF from Adam, this was a funny comment back to an attempted bite.

Dan says all the time "no one eats their own like Indiana," and the bile I see toward him here sort of proves it.  I always chuckle at the level to which people get fired up about how much they don't like him (or better said his radio personality).  But they all seem to know what it is.   Which means they listen.   So he wins.  

To the contrary, I enjoy an intelligent discussion.  I don't see any value in name calling. You don't remember it, but it happened.  Not that it really matters so I won't harp on it.  I'm just enjoying being right 103.gif

Never seen anyone report it. Ever. But congrats on being right. Looks like you surely won. Glad to see this all makes you happy. So you predicted he would retire when he was 29? I really missed that. This wouldn’t be another jump to assumptions would it Josh?

24 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Never seen anyone report it. Ever. But congrats on being right. Looks like you surely won. Glad to see this all makes you happy. So you predicted he would retire when he was 29? I really missed that. This wouldn’t be another jump to assumptions would it Josh?

Oh, I see.  You're looking for a fight.  Go somewhere else, I'm not interested today.  Check back after some beers tonight.

Jacoby Brissett....ball out!

Oh, I see.  You're looking for a fight.  Go somewhere else, I'm not interested today.  Check back after some beers tonight.
Jacoby Brissett....ball out!

Lmao that is exactly the problem with you I discussed earlier. I am here questioning you on what exactly you got so right and I am starting a fight? That’s a you problem.

Sad day indeed. Luck was trying to convince himself he liked football last year.

Luck is a smart guy. He played because his dad got him into it. He was phenomenal at it so he kept advancing. He’s athletic, he’s tough, but at the end of the day I’m not sure he loves football despite him saying it over and over again that he did. I think he was always convincing himself.

Anyway, Colts can now move along and make plans for the future. I don’t like Irsay, and think he’s shady, personified.

As far as Josh. I actually like his takes normally and think he is often right. I didn’t agree with him about the Luck stuff. Luck was a stud. Josh disputed his gameplay which I don’t think was very disputable.

However, trading Luck as Josh wanted would have in retrospect been amazing for the Colts if we knew he was going to bail at the beginning of his typical prime years.

Weird. Plus it sounds like Irsay knew weeks ago. Maybe they were trying to convince him. And delaying. Were the injury things this year real? Which ones? Still, so many questions.

3 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I'm not really in any mood to argue, but in one scenario, he's in effect letting down a team, a fan base, and a management staff by not allowing the team to prepare for this event.   In the other scenario, one guy gets let down; and any player of his caliber would know the end is near when that announcement comes.   How many star athletes do you think are surprised by their termination notice? Sorry, but I think your point is completely myopic.

So you're saying that luck didnt prepare the team effectively because he had an injury that got worse that he didnt know about? And didnt know it would get worse? Maybe, just maybe this man has been beaten on for so long that his body just doesn't heal as well as it did before? Yeah I'm sure he just decided to leave them in the dark, he probably knew the whole time. Lol 

On the bright side this is a pretty good QB class. Herbert, Tua, and Fromm would all be nice gets. 

The next two classes will be been phenomenal. The year after with Lawrence amongst others will be great. I could see this being the time the Pats trade up for once.

Sad day indeed. Luck was trying to convince himself he liked football last year.

Luck is a smart guy. He played because his dad got him into it. He was phenomenal at it so he kept advancing. He’s athletic, he’s tough, but at the end of the day I’m not sure he loves football despite him saying it over and over again that he did. I think he was always convincing himself.

Anyway, Colts can now move along and make plans for the future. I don’t like Irsay, and think he’s shady, personified.

As far as Josh. I actually like his takes normally and think he is often right. I didn’t agree with him about the Luck stuff. Luck was a stud. Josh disputed his gameplay which I don’t think was very disputable.

However, trading Luck as Josh wanted would have in retrospect been amazing for the Colts if we knew he was going to bail at the beginning of his typical prime years.

Weird. Plus it sounds like Irsay knew weeks ago. Maybe they were trying to convince him. And delaying. Were the injury things this year real? Which ones? Still, so many questions.

I get that he wanted to trade him but how does that make him right? Who would have Grigson got if Luck would have traded him when Josh wanted? It’s all speculation but at no time was Luck traded. That in no way makes it right Josh is coming on here gloating. He never predicted this. He just never liked Luck. I think this year you guys are a 6-8 win team. If you do become a 3-4 win team what’s that say about Luck? How does that make Josh right? If Luck doesn’t mean much you guys will still be a 10 win team. That’s been his stance over the years. Luck is ok but not that great. Luck should be traded. Not Luck will retire in his prime. That doesn’t make him insightful or “right”. That also doesn’t make anyone questioning him gloating someone that is trying to pick a fight. That’s just his MO to cry wolf when someone questions him. Everyone just bullies him... SMH