Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Not sure I’d call the colts to win. But all offense and no defense most years is a recipe for a playoff loss

Agreed... But those Colts teams played almost every game in a dome. On turf.. And when it came time to play in NE, they would always go up there and lose. If you look at the Patriot's SB victories from the early 00's, they were doing it with all offense and no defense.

I think there is a major difference between putting up 425 yards of offense/game on turf and putting up 425 yards per game in a cold-weather outdoor stadium.

1 minute ago, biteoftheapple said:

I see the Chargers beating the Ravens this weekend.

Anything is possible, but I disagree.. The Ravens went across the country and spanked them 2 weeks ago. Gonna be hard to come into a crazy home atmosphere with the league's #1 ranked defense and get a win IMO.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Agreed... But those Colts teams played almost every game in a dome. On turf.. And when it came time to play in NE, they would always go up there and lose. If you look at the Patriot's SB victories from the early 00's, they were doing it with all offense and no defense.

I think there is a major difference between putting up 425 yards of offense/game on turf and putting up 425 yards per game in a cold-weather outdoor stadium.

New England had the 7th and 9th ranked defense their 2nd and 3rd Super Bowls

2 hours ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

If you look at the Patriot's SB victories from the early 00's, they were doing it with all offense and no defense.

That isn't true. In 2003, they allowed the fewest points of any team in the league. In 2004, they ranked 3rd. Those Patriots teams were very defensive-oriented. They didn't become an offensive juggernaut until the late 2000's.

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That isn't true. In 2003, they allowed the fewest points of any team in the league. In 2004, they ranked 3rd. Those Patriots teams were very defensive-oriented. They didn't become an offensive juggernaut until the late 2000's.

And even there most recent 2 they have been top half of the league in D

And even there most recent 2 they have been top half of the league in D

Guess I shoulda checked that. Guess it just seems like they don’t play defense. Regardless, I’m sticking with KC if the Colts get there for all of the other reasons I’ve listed minus the defense, which I was wrong about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Guess I shoulda checked that. Guess it just seems like they don’t play defense. Regardless, I’m sticking with KC if the Colts get there for all of the other reasons I’ve listed minus the defense, which I was wrong about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Where have you been?  Rodney Harrison.  Ty Law.  Willie McGinest.  Teddy Bruschi.  Vince Wilfork.  Maybe you don't understand football the way you think you do?

Regardless, these playoffs will show some truth in this debate.  Personally, I think Baltimore will lose this weekend.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that anyone who thought New England was all offense, no defense in the early 2000's either wasn't paying attention back then or is confusing them with someone else.

Willie McGinest became a household name to the Colts' fanbase after he faked an injury to stop the game when the Colts were less than 5 yards away from winning, giving New England an extra timeout to substitute fresh players, then came back two plays later to make the game-ending tackle and celebrated by sprinting to midfield on his injured knee.

Also, KC hasn't exactly been tearing it up recently, even more now that Hunt is gone. Colts and Ravens have been playing better than any other AFC team the last 5 weeks. Could see both making it to the AFC Championship game. Colts actually play both sides of the ball, unlike KC

14 hours ago, Josh said:

Where have you been?  Rodney Harrison.  Ty Law.  Willie McGinest.  Teddy Bruschi.  Vince Wilfork.  Maybe you don't understand football the way you think you do?

Regardless, these playoffs will show some truth in this debate.  Personally, I think Baltimore will lose this weekend.

I think I have a pretty good understanding of the game.. I played it very competitively for 12 years in the DMV. How about you?

14 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Didn’t KC only beat two playoff teams the entire season?

Who have the Colts beaten? The Cowboys and Texans? Nobody with an above average offense. Houston comes in at #15 in total offense and the Giants at #17... The remaining 8 wins were against teams who couldn't move the ball. That's all I'm saying.. In order to beat the best offense in the league with receiving weapons all over the field, you are going to trust your 16th ranked pass defense and hope you can keep up the pace on offense? Eh.

I guess we beg to differ on this one.

7 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Who have the Colts beaten? The Cowboys and Texans? Nobody with an above average offense. Houston comes in at #15 in total offense and the Giants at #17... The remaining 8 wins were against teams who couldn't move the ball. That's all I'm saying.. In order to beat the best offense in the league with receiving weapons all over the field, you are going to trust your 16th ranked pass defense and hope you can keep up the pace on offense? Eh.

I guess we beg to differ on this one.

Their resumes are pretty similar and history has shown balanced teams have more success. 

Not saying the Colts would win. But stop acting like the Chiefs are some juggernaut. Paper tiger probably.