Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

This is good for the Colts. A couple more teams will likely jump up to get a QB now so there should be a few extra players left that shouldn't have been when our pick is up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My guess is Mass Supreme Court reverses that decision and changes that stupid law

Problem is they won't be able to with that law in place. The family can appeal, but on what grounds? Massachusetts isn't going to retry a dead man. Too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

According to an article I read the prosecutors are expected to appeal it

We will see if they actually do it at this point. No matter what that law is in place where he died before exhausting all of his appeals. Therefore he is innocent on a technicality. Happens a lot really where murderers are deemed innocent on a technicality. The only thing they can really fight is if they say he killed himself knowing this. Even then it's an uphill battle.

Lloyd's family can still pursue the wrongful death suit.

They can but it will be hard without his testimony. At this point they said he had no money in his estate. All of his pension (probably not much) will go to his kid. What would they get out of suing his kid? When a person dies assets first goes to bills and whatnot. Plus in a lawsuit like this both sides essentially tell their story. Then a side is picked. Who tells the story of why they are suing when they are both dead. Nobody was witness.

They can but it will be hard without his testimony. At this point they said he had no money in his estate. All of his pension (probably not much) will go to his kid. What would they get out of suing his kid? When a person dies assets first goes to bills and whatnot. Plus in a lawsuit like this both sides essentially tell their story. Then a side is picked. Who tells the story of why they are suing when they are both dead. Nobody was witness.

He'll receive the money from his contract from the Pats since he was not guilty on a technicality. I won't be surprised if the Lloyd family wins that suit and receives money.

He'll receive the money from his contract from the Pats since he was not guilty on a technicality. I won't be surprised if the Lloyd family wins that suit and receives money.

But will he though? They can suspend anyone for anything in the NFL under the personal conduct rules. His gang affiliations would probably fall under breach of contract. I highly doubt he gets a cent from the NFL on that contract.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

But will he though? They can suspend anyone for anything in the NFL under the personal conduct rules. His gang affiliations would probably fall under breach of contract. I highly doubt he gets a cent from the NFL on that contract.

Agreed. The NFL considers him guilty. They won't get that money. 

Kraft could probably get some great publicity if he agreed to pay a portion on the condition it was signed directly over to victims family. 

not gonna be fun to go against Fournette twice a year. 

I realize this is an older thread but actually I like when the talent builds up in the AFC South. As fun as it was getting to the playoffs every year with a mediocre team, the better our division is, the better we will be in the playoffs. And if we're not in the playoffs, then we'd have a good pick. Every year we had a first year flameout we'd have some mid 20's pick that doesn't get you elite talent. This year, we got elite talent because we got exposed during the regular season.

Ryan Grigson didn't remain unemployed for long.  Hired by the Browns as a Senior Personnel Executive.  Seems appropriate that he was let go by the Colts for personnel decisions and the woeful Browns would hire him with open arms.  

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-add-Ryan-Grigson-to-personnel-department/5a988620-b5d4-4a2b-9d3e-4ae389cdff6f