Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

In the 400's, past game we went to was a couple of years ago vs the Patriots. The one where Taylor sealed the game with a 75 yard TD run. Earlier in that day we went to the Cross Roads classic 
That sir.....is what I'd call an awesome day. Don't remember if IU won the CRC or not but regardless a cool day.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That sir.....is what I'd call an awesome day. Don't remember if IU won the CRC or not but regardless a cool day.

Yeah, well, today is not that day. On so many levels.

Blaming  the refs is funny. Minshew with 4 turnovers is a bigger issue, and again  should have had one or two more. Steichen was straight horrible at the end of the first half, truly horrible play calling and clock management. The defense letting a practice squad QB, a clearly hobbled Hunt and 2 practice squad level backs do anything. 

This team has talent issues, lol Baker is still on the roster. Being pissed about wins and losses this year is weird

Blaming  the refs is funny. Minshew with 4 turnovers is a bigger issue, and again  should have had one or two more. Steichen was straight horrible at the end of the first half, truly horrible play calling and clock management. The defense letting a practice squad QB, a clearly hobbled Hunt and 2 practice squad level backs do anything. 

This team has talent issues, lol Baker is still on the roster. Being pissed about wins and losses this year is weird
Well I'm a fan and not a GM so yeah I care about wins. Last year I was fine with tanking to get a QB but I can't go on and on hoping for better draft position. And as for the refs are you arguing that the IC call that occurred as the Colts get the sack fumble didn't in fact change the outcome of the game? And that said IC call wasn't a terrible call?

28 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Well I'm a fan and not a GM so yeah I care about wins. Last year I was fine with tanking to get a QB but I can't go on and on hoping for better draft position. And as for the refs are you arguing that the IC call that occurred as the Colts get the sack fumble didn't in fact change the outcome of the game? And that said IC call wasn't a terrible call?

I'm saying its ridiculous to ever put the entire game on the refs. Seems to be this fan bases MO so whatever I guess

The first call is correct. Baker got burned, lol what a surprise, dude is garbage and has no business on a football field. Doesn't matter what impact on play was. Its a penalty. Second one was bad, but they still had other plays regardless. 

14 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm saying its ridiculous to ever put the entire game on the refs. Seems to be this fan bases MO so whatever I guess

The first call is correct. Baker got burned, lol what a surprise, dude is garbage and has no business on a football field. Doesn't matter what impact on play was. Its a penalty. Second one was bad, but they still had other plays regardless. 

This fanbases MO lol... like the Colts fans are any different than any of the others haha. wild. 

First one looked to be after the actual fumble occurred/a pretty weak call anyway. The second one was just an awful call. 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

I totally agree that Baker is not good, but if you read that rule, it was called incorrectly. It's dependent on who initiated contact, and the Browns player clearly ran into Baker. At the very least, you don't call that because it wasn't a clear violation. But instead, they called a penalty that had absolutely nothing to do with the fumble and recovery.

I'm not sure how you can say that didn't effect the outcome. They went from getting a TO to close out the game to giving the Browns yardage and possession. Compound that with the next call that was totally ridiculous, and the fact that it came right at the end of the game, and the refs totally effected the outcome.

16 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I totally agree that Baker is not good, but if you read that rule, it was called incorrectly. It's dependent on who initiated contact, and the Browns player clearly ran into Baker. At the very least, you don't call that because it wasn't a clear violation. But instead, they called a penalty that had absolutely nothing to do with the fumble and recovery.

I'm not sure how you can say that didn't effect the outcome. They went from getting a TO to close out the game to giving the Browns yardage and possession. Compound that with the next call that was totally ridiculous, and the fact that it came right at the end of the game, and the refs totally effected the outcome.

I mean, he's also like our 6th corner. 

About the only thing i could take away was that the colts made the right decision in moving on from Frank.  Carolina was 7-10 last year and they got to choose first in the QB derby and yet they sit at 1-7 this year.  

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

You can't count on getting a pick 6 in every game 

HUH? I guess. I don't really understand apologizing for a win. Again, Pitt wins games like this every week, no one bats an eye. 

usually, you have to play good defense to win games in the NFL. 

Just now, btownqb said:

HUH? I guess. I don't really understand apologizing for a win. Again, Pitt wins games like this every week, no one bats an eye. 

usually, you have to play good defense to win games in the NFL. 

All I said luckily the defense stepped up yesterday because the offense was a no show in the second half. If the defense had played like they did the last 3 weeks we would have lost. I am very happy with a win and an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

Just now, Scotty R said:

All I said luckily the defense stepped up yesterday because the offense was a no show in the second half. If the defense had played like they did the last 3 weeks we would have lost. I am very happy with a win and an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I don't blame the CLE loss on the defense at all. Steichen botched that game at the end of the half. 

Find another way to win ugly this week. I'm still way more content as a Colts fan than I've been in a long time. 

Found the slot WR, found the QB, found the LT... might have RT solved long-term, as well. 

On 11/6/2023 at 10:40 AM, btownqb said:

I don't blame the CLE loss on the defense at all. Steichen botched that game at the end of the half. 

Find another way to win ugly this week. I'm still way more content as a Colts fan than I've been in a long time. 

Found the slot WR, found the QB, found the LT... might have RT solved long-term, as well. 

Found the QB?  Nah.  That is way too premature.

I'd add RG and LB (Zaire) to the found list. Possibly Brents at CB as well.